overheating well parked

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
JeremyP

overheating well parked

Post by JeremyP »

so i was sitting on break at work and i saw some "steam"(like when you can see your breath on a cold day)...so i poped my hood and the coolent overflow jug was hard at work..the lid had poped off and it was boiling and the temp gauge was through the roof ....weird?, i think so...so if anyone could help that would be awsome....i was just sitting there...drove about 25 min before it had happend.....THEN...the other day when i stopped at a train crossing i could see the temp gauge slowly begin to rise..got to the point where i didnt want a repeat so i shut my car off...

its got a BP..if that helps...i just want this problem fixed.

Thanks guys

Jeremy...(on a side note..anyone have a RX7 vaf for sale?)
maine_mazda_bp

Post by maine_mazda_bp »

when it did it at work and the time you were stoped did you hear the fan on and have you niticed any leaking near the pass side of the car if you see it leaking near the pass side means your water pump could be geting bad if you did not hear the fan then you could need a new fan or temp sencor the smallest problem could be your thermostat could be sticking those could be your probs frist i would check to see if you see any coolant laking from pass side of car second i would check the thermostat i believe you can feel the house that conects to the housing i forget if a hard hose means its closed or open but if its sticking that will make it over heat
94mazda-MX-3 5 speed with bp swap have gt25 turbo with some turbo parts but its not on yet waiting on more stuff building a mega squirt2 for it but body is stock
cyclonekid78

Post by cyclonekid78 »

1 Check fan, see if its comming on.
93 RS BPTurbo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”