car vibrating

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Slickjr09

car vibrating

Post by Slickjr09 »

When i hit 70-80mph my car vibrates, kinda scary any know have an idea?
1992 Automatic Mazda MX-3 GS
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Could be alot of things...did you just get the car recently? Has it done this since day one or just started recently? Did you do any work on it or anymods? New tires/rims? Maybe lost a wheel weight? Axles? Ball-joints? Wheel-bearings?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

...separated belt in a tire, mud in a wheel, incorrect tire pressures, broken spring, bent tie rod end...the list goes on and on.

There are an almost infinite list of things that can cause a vibration. If you don't know what to look for you should be taking it to a professional.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Slickjr09

Post by Slickjr09 »

i have the car for a while now and first time really driving it on a high way like that but io guess theres to much to tell
1992 Automatic Mazda MX-3 GS
Robotaz

Post by Robotaz »

If the tires are still good, I'd start with a road force balance. Regular balancing usually isn't good enough for today's lower profiles and larger diameters. It took me 5 tries to get my new F150's Bridgestone Revos balanced, and that still isn't perfect, especially at speeds above 70mph. Look specifically for a service shop that uses the Hunter GSP9700. I've also found that the car's shocks, which I believe are a combo of oil and gas(two chamber?), allow bouncing at higher speeds if they're very worn at all. Mine didn't bounce at all when I pushed on them while sitting, but when replaced the vibrating was much less. Tires are always my issue with all my vehicles. I'm not sure why, but they seem to be very finicky now.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”