electrical going nuts

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
cali_gal

electrical going nuts

Post by cali_gal »

hello everyone, I am new here. I bought a 94 mx3 a couple of years ago, and I love the car, however its costing alot to keep going. My latest problem is this, the dials on my dash started going crazy, my stereo is not working, the hold light keeps flickering on and off and the wipers are slow. I put a new battery in just after i bought it, (2 years) and the alternator was worked on last summer. Any suggestions?? :?:
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Sounds like you'll need a priest for this one. Possessions are pretty tough to deal with on your own.

Have you checked all your main wiring contacts? Did it all start happening at once, or are these separate problems?
cali_gal

*sigh*

Post by cali_gal »

I havent checked anything yet. It all started today, its been raining. I'm guessing holy water won't work. Someone said it could be the battery. I was hearing a chirping like sound under the hood last couple of days. I think all the guy did to the alternator last summer was grease the bearings and put a new belt on. I opened one of the electrical boxes under the hood and it looked like some fuses were missing. Not sure what I was supposed to find there, first time I noticed it was even there... *sigh*.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”