bp swap trouble! too much gas

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
XL200

bp swap trouble! too much gas

Post by XL200 »

just got my 1.8L dohc swap done and im getting way too much fuel :( . the car runs but not very well. cylinder #4 is literally shooting fuel out(the injector is fine) while the others arent so bad. I have the Japanese bpze and NOT a BPDE and i think that the tps differecne between the two is whats causing this issue. There is a loud humming coming out of the air intake and wonder if that again has to do with a bad tps setup(sensor or wires). My ecu, injectors, and maf all check out fine. I will try to get some pics of how this tps is different than the bpde. Thanks for any help! I been working on this problem for a while but im stuck so any suggestions are greatly appreiciated. ps i searched but nada
XL200

Post by XL200 »

[img][img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/Mirroromega/mx.jpg[/img][/img]

One on left is what came from a protege harness and the right(which im using) came with the engine. the wires on both are different colors so i guessed on 2 of them. I then swapped the two wires but it ran just as bad. the car idles fine but just falls on its face when you give it the gas. the tps ground wire is correct and the green/red wire is getting voltage to the maf.

[img][img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/Mi ... ga/mx3.jpg[/img][/img]
cyclonekid78

Post by cyclonekid78 »

The fuel shooting may be from a bad O-ring on the injector, making it not to seal right. As far as the TPS the auto tranny BPs and manual tranny BPs both have different TPS. The auto is a 4 prong plug and the manual is a 3. For falling on its face check the timing, make sure the vacuum line for the pressure regulator is connected right.
93 RS BPTurbo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XL200

Post by XL200 »

Well I know the injectors are perfect cause Ive replaced them and its from a manual and uses a 4 prong, its just a oval cap instead of rectangle shape. I will check the vacuum and see if thats the case.
XL200

Post by XL200 »

vacuum is all good. when I unplug the tps wires altogether, it starts running better(somewhat)...mmm but it still isnt quite right and the humming still continues.
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Did you check for tiny cracks in your rubber air intake tubing? Very common cause of engine running poorly and stalling.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
XL200

Post by XL200 »

no cracks in tubing. I did find something important tho. my water temp sensor wires are not plugged in...but unfortantely, I cant find the wires in the harness that lead to the sensor :shock: . the harness is from a junkyard so that could explain why. Also hooked the injectors up to a noid light. #4 is pulsing WAYY too fast and that why it gets so much gas and #3 is only pulsing about half. ARG!! any ideas? I know finding a way to plug the h2o sensor in will help alot but im just not sure how when I cant find the right wires. thanks for any ideas

Got it figured out once i got the h2o sensor plugged up. the #3 and 4 werent grounded in the right spot lol but #1 and 2 were fine(junkyard harness lol), it works great now

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”