[FS] 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KL Parts Car

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

[FS] 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KL Parts Car

Post by ProjekMX3 »

I recently crashed my 92' KL MX-3 (Manual Trans). Just smashed up the front passenger side enough to make it not worth repairing with my budget. As a result I am selling my KL MX-3 as swap supplement car (contains all parts need for KL swap Great Engine, Excellent Trans, Centerforce DF Clutch, Filled Mounts, Probinator ECU, Pacesetter Exhaust, SS Autochrome Headers and much more). I believe it to be a KL-ZE except it has KL-1A1 heads the compression tests out as well as the numbers i've been able to achieve in the 1/4 with basic mods.The engine does have kl-1a1 heads (rounded ports) however the compression did test out to 195-215 all across the board (ZE Compression). It has the curve neck intake manifold (square runners). There is a stamp on the block that contains a KL31. The engine is from a 97+ Millenia or Eunos 800 (thanks alldata). Never got the car dynoed but with the mentioned mods I was hittin 14.79's@94.5 mph all night (All season tires w/ k801 ecu) (With current ecu and better tires could easily break into mid 14's). The car would come with all mods listed. I only put 20k on the engine (which was supposed to be at 35k-50k when I received it). I am not selling this as a car to be road ready unless u have welding talent. I unfortunately could not source another mx3 to swap everything over so I'm selling it hoping someone else can. However if u have a cheap mx3 with a dead engine I am willing to buy it to bring it back. If you have one relatively close to Michigan please email me nicholas.street@crossmark.com.

The upgrades included are:
SS Autochrome headers to (Pacesetter no rust) 2.25 mandrel bent catback exhaust.
Probinator ECU (Love It)
Filled Motor Mounts
2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Seats
Cold Air Intake
Tires have about 10k on them
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch

Heres what the car needs to be road ready again:
Gas Tank
New Brake Lines
New Pads + Rotors
Framework front accident
Knock Sensor
Wheel Bearing
Radiator
Hood

(Due to the parts required I am selling it as a swap kit)
(Visual Stuff)
New Passenger Side Headlight
Passenger Side Fender
Front Bumper

I'm asking 1200 OBO for the entire car including all parts listed. If there are any questions feel free to email me at n3street@wmich.edu. Or hit me up on AIM: Streetwise2127.
92 GS, 210 psi per cylinder KL-101 Engine, Pacesetter Exhaust, Centerforce DF, CAI, Hi Flow Cat, Headers.
By Spring 06: Megasquirt and FPR
By Fall 06: KL-31 Heads with Interprep Cams
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

Post by ProjekMX3 »

BUMP
92 GS, 210 psi per cylinder KL-101 Engine, Pacesetter Exhaust, Centerforce DF, CAI, Hi Flow Cat, Headers.
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

Post by ProjekMX3 »

Hate to do this but couldn't find anything close enough to MI to do the swap. So i'm parting the car out. I already listed the parts that are unavailable so throw me a PM and we can talk shop. Once again the engine is in brilliant condition just in need of a loving car. Engine comes with ECU that pair and a few boltons got me into the 14's. Not exactly sure if its a ZE but it definitely fufilled the duties of one.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

I am thinking about doing a v6 swap and i was extremely interested in your car and was almost ready to contact you until i saw the price. I bought my 4 cyl in good condition all over (and completely roadworthy) for $800 - i cannot afford $1200 for a parts car.

You probably have a good reason for listing yours at $1200 and i dont want to low ball you here - so good luck with the partout.

One side note - i was talking to a guy for a v6 parts car and he wanted $350 for it - he had already cannibalised a lot of parts from it so i said i will take it for $200 (because all i could use from it was the k8 and some ac parts) and he can further take whatever valuable parts off the car - he wouldnt agree to it and finally sold it for $80 to a scrapyard! Please dont be like that guy.
Blazianenigma

Post by Blazianenigma »

Like Shameem says...the price is a little high...but everyone has their reasons.
I was ready to take a trip down 94 to ya...cause I could really use your hatch and pretty much the shell.

Guess Ill keep an eye out
1993 MX-3 (Converting in Oct)
2004 MS6 (Repairing)
1982 Limited Edition Me (.04Hp)
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

Post by ProjekMX3 »

I appreciate your input Shameem but I believe u might have skimmed over the description. The engine is a 2.5L V6 with roughly 60k on it if not less. It is not a stock 1.8v6. The car comes with SS Autochrome headers (200 new), Pacesetter Exhaust (No Rust Roughly 200 New), Probinator ECU (200 new), Centerforce DF Clutch (Great Condition 300 new), Solid Motor Mounts (Reduces Wheel Hop), New Accel SP Wires, 2002 Toyota MR2 Seats (Car Must be Drilled and Tapped To Fit, but they fit and look great). The engine easily broke me into the 14's with my current setup. I used to as well as engine markings and compression tests. To determine it is a 97+ Eunos 800 engine. The tires only have 10k on them. Wheels are in good condition fairly clean. This isn't my first time parting out an mx3 I know my way around it and that 200 dollars for the entire car would be extremely silly. I'm willing to go down on the price on the whole car if thats what you would like but please review what it has and make an offer don't assume. If there isn't any interest i'll just hold onto it and source another gs and build another 14 second car in the spring. I thought 1200 obo wasn't a bad price because the current rate for ze's is around 900. I believe this to be 97+ Mazda Millenia Engine which outputs around 180 hp. As well as the fact that it comes with a strong transmission good clutch and many other accessories.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I am interested in a couple parts if you are willing to ship to 84404
The Curved Neck I/M, Probinator chip and probably the engine mounts.
Also, what CAT are you running?
Infact, would you be willing to ship the exhaust piping but without the headers, primary pipe (Y Pipe) and the muffler?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

I guess you skimmed over my post too - i specifically said i dont want to lowball your price since you probably have a good reason for asking that price.... And i didnt offer $200 for your car but for another car that was missing the entire interior, hatch, bumpers and transmission.

Good luck on the sale or whatever plans you have for her.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”