OBDII connector

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Now that I've answered your question, You need to find me some of those small Eunos mini sideskirts you guys have over there and send them over.LOL
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

yea I thought colour of a connector was dubious way to confirm the type! But yea checked the VIN off the EPC and it shows my cars a 93 style model. So it's all good :)
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Two things. OBDII will ONLY be found in a vehicle manufactures on or after Jan 01, 1996. Second ODB is a North America market emissions protocol so unless the car was intended for in Canada or the US it probably won't have a ODBI or II.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

mx3autozam wrote:Now that I've answered your question, You need to find me some of those small Eunos mini sideskirts you guys have over there and send them over.LOL
lol like on mine?
Show me the money and it could be arranged :P

Yoda wrote:Two things. OBDII will ONLY be found in a vehicle manufactures on or after Jan 01, 1996. Second ODB is a North America market emissions protocol so unless the car was intended for in Canada or the US it probably won't have a ODBI or II.
Well, it would appear I've been misinformed several times! A guy on UK forum says his 94 mx3 is OBDII and that I'd be lucky to have a 95 that's not OBDII! He generally seems to know his stuff so eh yea that's my excuse :P
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”