Helpful suggestion:

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Helpful suggestion:

Post by fowljesse »

Use your VIN # when ordering parts.

I'm changing my Water pump out, and got the one for a '93 because that's what my car is, and got the wrong one. It turns out that my car was built like a '94, and that's what fit. They told me to give my VIN #, instead of year/ make/ model, and I would get the right parts.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

xlnt point. :2thumbsup:
Image -Jim
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Not saying that wont help.. but it will depend on the place where you go to get the part. I gave the napa I go to my vin # and they still pulled out the wrong water pump. I had them go through 626's, Millenias, And finally we tried a 95 Probe GT and it had the 16 mm Hub size I needed LOL V6 waterpumps are a crap shoot.. its almost easier to just watch the junkyards for the different sized hub on the pulley and snag it so that it doesnt matter what waterpump you get in the future.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Yep give your Vin all the tiem when ordering parst for the mx3. there is a few things that are different between years. waterpump is one and balljoints are differnet in 93.

the waterpump isn't much of an issue. if yoy get the different one then just get a pully for it, thats the only difference. I just happen to have some laying around. I got alot of junk laying around for kl's...LOL
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Helpful suggestion:

Post by fowljesse »

Old topic revival!
Still a good idea :wink:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mx3boyze

Re:

Post by mx3boyze »

mx3autozam wrote:Yep give your Vin all the tiem when ordering parst for the mx3. there is a few things that are different between years. waterpump is one and balljoints are differnet in 93.
Balljoints are different on the 93's? I just ordered Balljoints, Tie rods ends and axle seals from rock auto since im replacing my axles. So what your saying is they might be the wrong ones?
Steve J-SPEC

Post by Steve J-SPEC »

There are two different diameters of the ball joint posts...I can't remember off hand but something like 16mm and 18mm...Both my 94's and the 96 have the larger of the two. I had seen the smaller were available but not sure the year they were intended for. Just measure your current ones and make sure that is what you bought.
'94 GS 5 speed-JDM K8, headers/custom exhaust, CAI, Tokico struts, Eibach Pro Kit, Moog strut mounts, custom solid engine mounts...
'96 GS 5 Speed air filter, KYB's
'94 GS 5 Speed OEM
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

MX-3 before chassis 1-630911 are 16mm

I think it's pretty much only first year of production were these smaller BJs :lol:
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”