$50 tremclad paint job? ..

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

I would necessarily call a flat color paint job cheap anymore. Although it is a trend going back to the 40's. and was very popular in the late 50's and early 60's. More and more Flat color paint is increasing in popularity again in the "mega-buck" custom Bike and Street Rod world for several years now and has been crossing over into the truck and even compact scenes. Most of the major paint manufacture have a line of high-end flat paints now due to the demand by the custom bike and rod industry. A several thousand dollar paint job on a brand new $50000-120000 vehicle would not be what I call cheap. On the other hand a rattle can flat black paint job has just as much impact otherwise, good or bad, you guys would feel so strongly about it which is exactly why people do it and more people copy it like any other trend in to auto industry . This is exactly what marketing guy are looking for to create a trend to move there products
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Flat black looks good sometimes and depending on the style of the car and what its main purpose is. Yoda is right about it beinga trend back in the day. There still are alot of Hot rods that are flat black. I personally wouldn't ever do it on my mx3. i'd just save up untill I can actually afford a paint job.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I really like the satin black Nissan in that one thread. I could see that working really well on an MX-3. I'm very tempted to try it, but I have no garage at the moment. If I did it would be a done deal as I am going to need a full body job next year anyway. I just love the ingenuity of the whole thing.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I suppose I should post up since it applies to me :D

I only have my $50 primer jobs on both cars because for right now I like the "stealth" look. I was tired of driving a Blaze Red car. It attracts too much attention.

Until I get an actual garage to store my cars in, I don't see the point in having a really nice paint job... it's just going to get weathered.... lol

Plus it is easy to maintain... say somebody dings your car... phssss phssss and it's fixed! :D
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Mooneggs wrote:I suppose I should post up since it applies to me :D

I only have my $50 primer jobs on both cars because for right now I like the "stealth" look. I was tired of driving a Blaze Red car. It attracts too much attention.

Until I get an actual garage to store my cars in, I don't see the point in having a really nice paint job... it's just going to get weathered.... lol

Plus it is easy to maintain... say somebody dings your car... phssss phssss and it's fixed! :D
Actually Moon, your cars were my initial inspiration. I might try it...if I can find the time and a place to do it.

I should start a work log...this new GS is going to undergo a massive transformation.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
PGT97_Racer
BANNED Member

Post by PGT97_Racer »

For a 50$ paint job, that is pretty decent.

Return to “Appearance”