Japan Power INC - Reputable or not?????

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
94mx3precidia

Japan Power INC - Reputable or not?????

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Hey, today i did some research and i have found a provider that sells the engine i want kl-ze!! and there located not even an hour from my house!!

The company is called Japan Power Incorporated. Im just looking to see if anyone has delt with them before? Any good or bad reviews?

Thanks.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
guino

Post by guino »

yeah for sure man thr good thr im going next week to get mine put in probably taking the one u whr looking at haha KVR buys all thr engines from them and i have a couple of other buddys who did some honda swaps thr .. go for it
what it deww
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

what do you mean swaps there? Do they install the engine for you?

Let me know what you find out when you go there and if in fact they are selling the real kl-ze and there not trying to pass off a kl-de as a ze.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Talking to Sean the CEO of Street Imports and long time MX-3 guy in Ottawa area. Japan power is bacisally a store front for one of the bigger name JDM shops in Montreal but the name of the shop escapes me at the moment because I know the shop by the names of the owners and not by company names. I would say that Japan Power would be reputable just based on the backing of there parent company in Montreal and their reputation in the JDM industry in Canada.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

ok, if yoda says there okay, they must be ok. Its just that i had a look at their website and the klze there selling looks alot like a de. You know the curve neck without the oddly placed vris solinoide. Im not extremely knowladgeable in ze and de's but to me its looks like its not a ze.

Or maybe its just a random kl picture they took, i tyried emailing them but for some reason my emials cant be sent. I always get a confirmation email about the email im trying to send them could not be sent.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Looking at the picture is appears to be a -ZE no EGR or connecting pipe to the IM.

The problem with JDM KL engines is that officially Mazda Japan considers any KL delivery in a car in Japan a -ZE. The Ford Probe actually out sold the MX-6 in Japan and there are a lot of Ford Telstars (626) also in Japan that show up in the JDM pipeline. Unfortunately what we would call a DE here Mazda in Japan labels a -ZE by Mazda because the engine in a car sold and registered in Japan. Some where in a mass of old documentation I have a letter from a Mr. Tanaka from Mazda Japan stating this fact. The problem is with a JDM engine is who is right and what is the correct definition of a JDM engine.

Another interesting fact I have observed over the years taking parts from dead -ZE in Sean's warehouse is that at least of the earlier curved neck ZE's had the oval port heads. Steve down in the T-dot bought a similar engine back in 1998 but otherwise had flat tops, cams, no EGR and all the wiring for a RH drive car that people here consider a JDM engine.

You could call Street Imports as well. Also though Sean isn't importing that much of the JDM stuff. He does have KL-ZE from time to time when he does they are usually hand picked by him or his partner. He knows the JDM KL well. He installed the first -ZE in a MX-3 and built the first turbo'ed -ZE MX-3 that can be documented. We did a -ZE and MTX swaps in his girlfriends car, a -ZE swap in our friend Lisa's car, he had 2 RS's and even though he has several japanese super cars in the garage he still has a PGT as a daily driver.
guino

Post by guino »

hey does this sean guy live in ottawa because i have been having a hard time finding someone who knows alot about mx3s and klze's in ottawa
what it deww
guino

Post by guino »

oh and yeah they do install it very cheap too 500$
what it deww
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

If your in the ottawa area i recomend a place called sunrise in montreal. there very well known if you want to check them out. I may get my next motor from them if they have some clean ones.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

[quote="guino"] oh and yeah they do install it very cheap too 500$ [ Z/quote]

Does this include all the odds and ends you have to change in order for the ze to function properly? How long does it take them
guino

Post by guino »

I think so juost go talk to them there chill
what it deww

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”