NEED HELP QUICKY, MAF, CAR STARTS WITHOUT BUT NOT WITH IT!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Red_MX3_92

NEED HELP QUICKY, MAF, CAR STARTS WITHOUT BUT NOT WITH IT!!!

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

ok so this is a 94 6cyl auto....

the car had been broken into and someone stole the cai so this chic drove it home without a maf or any tubing(it actually started without a maf plugged it) so i went to go buy it and she said it need a maf and tubing so i got it and went to go start it and (with the maf sensor in and everything in place) it started for a sceond and then shut off, did that 3 time then i was like wtf so i unhooked the plug for the maf sensor and it started no problem( the mazda dealr said it should start at all without the sensor) then i drove it for a test drive and after and 2 minutes it started choking. so i'm trying to figure out what could be going on with the maf and how can i get it to start and work properly with the af in? PLS HELP i have no time to waste!!!
95 B6DE 5spd H @ R lowering springs, custom exhaust, 5 spoke noname rims, gtr wing, short shift, alpine mrd 1000 amp, 2 15" ma audio subs, panasonic deck, JBL front speakers AND A BLOWN ENGINE!:(
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

sounds like vaccum leak to me. you should make sure when you put the tubing and maf on that everything is totally airtight between maf and throttle body
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

that might be the problem seeing as where the tubing is theres an extra whole there besides teh one going to the sensor and i left that open, whatt goes there?i looked at the manual but going get enough info, and could this be the big problem?
95 B6DE 5spd H @ R lowering springs, custom exhaust, 5 spoke noname rims, gtr wing, short shift, alpine mrd 1000 amp, 2 15" ma audio subs, panasonic deck, JBL front speakers AND A BLOWN ENGINE!:(
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I agree with ninjajim... Sounds like a vacuum leak or possibly even damage to the VAF wiring harness. Check Shop manual page F2-150 For more details on the VAF and testing it. You can also go through the symptom troubleshooting section of the shop manual as well.. may find more details there F2-001

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

whatt goes there?
That hole is for a resonance tube.. it helps keep the Air induction system operating quietly. Plug the hole with Duct Tape.. cut out a piece of cardboard and duct tape it in place. Not a permanent fix.. but will get you home.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I am assuming you mean the hole where the red cap is on the factory air hose here. Hopefully 95Precidia wont mind me using his pic to make sure this is what you are talking about.

Tunes67

Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

wow that was some really quick responses i'll keep yea posted on how it goes or if it works. i dunno if i'll have time to get it today so i'll get it tomorrow cheers guy..
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

and yea thats what i was talking about thanks tunes
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: NEED HELP QUICKY, MAF, CAR STARTS WITHOUT BUT NOT WITH I

Post by umcamara »

Red_MX3_92 wrote:the car had been broken into and someone stole the cai so this chic drove it home without a maf or any tubing
"This chic" has been a member here since 2004. :laugh:
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

YEA A GUESS WHAT I GO THERE TO PICK THE CAR UP AND ITS NOT THERE! she f$cking sold it to someone else after we made a sale and with my maf in there.
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

Red_MX3_92 wrote:YEA A GUESS WHAT I GO THERE TO PICK THE CAR UP AND ITS NOT THERE! she f$cking sold it to someone else after we made a sale and with my maf in there.
What?? I thought you have the car?
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

she said first one who goes with cash gets it man i was supposed to pick it up tomorrow
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

fieromx3 wrote:she said first one who goes with cash gets it man i was supposed to pick it up tomorrow
which car is this? There are a few for sale lately!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yo my man just got jerked. How she sell the car and it still had YOUR VAF in it? Thats crazy, I thought people were honest in Canada?!?!
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

mx3autozam wrote:which car is this? There are a few for sale lately!
This One
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”