Is this a good deal?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
ridgerunner

Is this a good deal?

Post by ridgerunner »

I am currently looking for a used car and I found a 93 MX3 GS 5spd with 80000 miles. It looks like it is in great shape, I test drove it and I did not notice any problems. The dealer wants $4000 US for the vehicle. Should I look out for any certain problems with the car, and does this price sound about right for this year and model?
finchuck

Re: Is this a good deal?

Post by finchuck »

that's a pretty good deal if it's in good condition. i'd pick it up. the only problems i've had with my mx were the cv joints/boots/axle which seem to be a very common problem but i wouldn't not buy the car cuz it isn't too expensive to repair this.
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

is the warranty included? try to bring it down couple more hundred, it's a pretty good price. <BR>also check for oil leaks, exhaust leaks,<BR>good luck
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
leelee1981

Post by leelee1981 »

and pay attention to the idle mines really funky right now and i see that's a pretty common problem and dufficult to fix cause no one knows exactly what it is! :mad:
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

hey leelee i had an idle problem no one could figure out too. wouldt stay running under 2000rpm. turns out my egr sys was in bacwards so it was sucking exhuast at idle speeds and hocking out! just something to look into.
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”