My MX-3

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Darcy

My MX-3

Post by Darcy »

Well, it must be the weather or something...
I've been really looking into other cars over the past few months and I think it's darn near time to get a new car. I've got a deposit on a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS here in town (Pics) so I think I will be getting that in the next few days.

I really love my MX3 and like I had mentioned before, I haven't test drove ANYTHING that is as good as the MX-3 yet (I haven't actually driven the GTS yet, so we'll see tomorrow). I am planning on keeping the mx3 unless a buyer comes around. I can afford the new car without selling the mx3, so I may as well keep it and try to turbo it or something, I think that would be really fun. Just need a place to store it.

If Kelowna 2008 comes around, I'm there, just can't be sure which car I will be in!
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

Hey Darcy...you should spend the extra and go for the EVO X...supposed to be crazy. It will handle awesome in AUTOCROSS and fast for keeping ahead of the pack...I beleive you said that in Kelowna.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Yeah, and you think if the previous 9 Evolutions couldn't be sold in Canada, the tenth generation will be for what reason?
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

edit
Last edited by Darcy on September 29th, 2007, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

sorry darcy im gonna have to put the squash on that information. Im not sure where you got it from.

But i should hope you would beleive me as i am employed by Mitsubishi.

THe Outlander and teh Lancer are now different chassis. They used to be the same back in the models leading up to 06. but now the Outlander is its own chassis and the lancer shares a chassis with the Dodge Caliber(gross).

Also the EVO X is legal for sale in Canada as it passes the 10k/hr test that the previous 9 EVO's could not. Look for it to arrive in showrooms mid to late January 08.

Also the Engine is similar to that of the GTS but not quite.

Its actually closer to the 4G63 that was in the previous EVO models but with new aggressive cams and a variable valve timing system. Also with a new version of the 16G turbo. most likely a GT ball bearing style or a hybrid of some sort.

This is most of the information on it as it comes right now. I also know all about the all wheel drive system if you would like to know.

THE GTS is a fun car to drive. its really stiff but it feels a little tall and also seems underpowered to me but that can be changed easily as we all know
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Wow, I musta been reading some really shitty reviews then, because I'm sure I read that it did share the same chassis as the outlander for this year. Those people must not have been doing their homework then :)

Oh well, no biggie. Glad to hear the Evo X will be for sale up here, but I was doubting that it would. I know they're bringing out some Lancer SE version next year, but didn't sound as good as the GTS.

The AWD system does sound pretty cool as far as I could tell. Both a lateral and a front/back differential.

I rode the DS and it had enough power for my tastes. The GTS is a bit heavier, but nothing a CAI can't fix.

Do you work at one of the dealers? I called up South Side and West Side yesterday, and they both had 5-speed GTSes come in, whereas all the ones in Calgary were already spoken for.
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

yea i work at West Side Mitsubishi.

Im in school for my aprrenticeship training for the next 8 weeks though.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”