hit a curb..i need help

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
96mx-3

hit a curb..i need help

Post by 96mx-3 »

ok so i hit a curb with my back driver side wheel...broe the rim cracked the rotor..bent the hub and spindle...but im taking it all apart..and theres a bolt that hold the controll arms ? to the spindle...( along the bottom) i duno if there controll arms to be honnest..lol....but the pin is bent and i cant get it out to replace all the stuff? any ideas on how i can remove it ?
any suggestions or ideas id appreciate
thanks
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

its a tough one....You will need lots of heat and probably an air gun.

might wanna look here
http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23915

That should be all the info you need...thats a bushing install. up to you if you use stock bushings or not.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you bent that much of the car, you need to take it to a frame shop after you finish getting the new parts on. I would think your car is going to need a frame pull to get the unibody back straight. Think about it, you put enough stress to do that much damage and you think it did not atleast tweak the frame... Leave the frame tweaked and you'll be wearing out tires anfd wheel bearings like there is no tomorrow. It will be cheaper in the end to get a frame pull than to have all the associated wheel problems later.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Since I cannot see what damage has been done to the frame, I'm not sure the frame is bent at all. I would replace the bent suspension first, then have the alignment checked. The alignment readings are the electronic eyes of seeing what bent parts you have.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I hit a curb but I got lucky though... my wheel was turned so it didn't hit head on or something ... just gashed the rim/tire and I broke the control arm...
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

He is going to need an alignment after the repalcement of all those parts anyway. They can align a car with a bent frame if it is not bent much. So he could easily get an alignment and still have issues. However, if it will align, and hold an alignment then you might be ok.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

ok well i got the spindle assembly orderd from work..it came in today :) its strut/ spring/spindle/hub/controll arms/ swing arm ? lol i duno aobut aobut the last one... but im excited.. i can do the job my self but i have to take it to mazda :( i dont have a grinder with a cutting tool to cutt a head off one bolt so to the shop it goes...
bonus tho i got all new rotors :) they look awsome..

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”