what springs do i have? nice set up?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
jakes3

what springs do i have? nice set up?

Post by jakes3 »

i was checkin out my car a couple days ago and happen to notice the springs on my car. they're a deep kinda purple. anybody know what springs they are? or what kinda drop they are for that matter? i noticed i also have the mazdaspeed adjustables bolted under there wich i know are a nice touch. i only have access to the computer at work unless im over my boys house, or my g/f's. and the computer at work has filters all over it so i cant really get to too much. thanks for any help guys
I HAVE AN MX-3 WITH GOD KNOWS WHATS DONE TO IT!
things i know of, lol...KL-ZE, custom intake, exhaust, stg 2 clutch, short shifter, tach, mazdaspeed shocks/struts, purple springs (lol)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286878 = my last car
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Nice, deep purple means they are intrax springs... If you have mazdaspeed adjustables then they should be lime green. Should be about a 1.5" drop... something in that area
jakes3

Post by jakes3 »

nice! i knew i had the speed shocks. do they not makes those anymore for our cars? as for the springs...i think i might want to go a lil lower but maybe ill keep em if i can find some nice wheels to fill the wheel wells
things i know of, lol...KL-ZE, custom intake, exhaust, stg 2 clutch, short shifter, tach, mazdaspeed shocks/struts, purple springs (lol)

Yoda

Post by Yoda »

solo_ryder wrote:Nice, deep purple means they are intrax springs... If you have mazdaspeed adjustables then they should be lime green. Should be about a 1.5" drop... something in that area
Purple could also be a set of Fastco springs as Glenn did have a few dealers in the N.E. states & FL in addition to his Canada wide distribution.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Interesting Yoda, you always have some stuff i swear others didnt know lol. Yes, the struts are pretty much unfindable now adays... hold onto them or sell to me!
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

solo_ryder wrote:Interesting Yoda, you always have some stuff i swear others didnt know lol. Yes, the struts are pretty much unfindable now adays... hold onto them or sell to me!
Fastco only had the line of springs for about 2 summers before selling the line off to Extreme Vision to only focus only on the wheel and tire lines. It seem to be a good move for Glenn and the boys as they keep out growing there new warehouses faster that they get built. There was a lot of MX-3 stuff being made and/or imported by companies in Quebec in the late 90's that for one reason or another never got much distribution outside the province. Out here you see the odd modded Presso or AZ-3 half cuts or whole cars imported in for parts at the JDM shop. Sometimes you see adjustable GAB or MS struts on them. BTW HotShox a company that was in NE Pennsylvania back in about '99-'00 also offered adjustable struts for the EGT/ Protege that was based on either a custom valved Koni or Tokico cartridge that was made for them. Unfortunately the company disappeared soon after I talked to them at the Carlyle show in '00
jakes3

Post by jakes3 »

damn that was like that episode of family guy where everyone was all informative and at the end it was like "know you know" lol. thanks.

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

LOL Yoda is like a freakin encyclopedia! Too bad they don't have a game show where you have to know information about automotive stuff!

He would win!!! :D
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

i have B&G's and hate them. I know they only claim a 1.3" drop but I know 2 people with them and they have dropped at least 2". But i'm going to sell them and get Ground control coil overs. You can pic your spring rates with them.

Yoda, what do you think of the Ground Control coil over sleeve kits. I am currently running Tokico s/r struts and I want a car that rides nice and handle well. I'm thinking for the spring rates to be 350 front and 450 rear.

and i honestly don't care if they ride stiff. I just hate soft riding cars, which is my car right now ith B&G.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
jakes3

Post by jakes3 »

mx3autozam wrote:i have B&G's and hate them. I know they only claim a 1.3" drop but I know 2 people with them and they have dropped at least 2". But i'm going to sell them and get Ground control coil overs. You can pic your spring rates with them.

Yoda, what do you think of the Ground Control coil over sleeve kits. I am currently running Tokico s/r struts and I want a car that rides nice and handle well. I'm thinking for the spring rates to be 350 front and 450 rear.

and i honestly don't care if they ride stiff. I just hate soft riding cars, which is my car right now ith B&G.
ill second that...but not so stiff. i like a nice balance. but i can always adjust the shocks i suppose

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”