Supercharger for MX-3

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
rekognize

Supercharger for MX-3

Post by rekognize »

zoom_zoom94mx3

Post by zoom_zoom94mx3 »

I don't mean to sound like a pessimist, but I really doubt that those things work. It would spin at the same speed while idling as when you are punching it. So then it would flood your engine at idle speed. Both supercharges and turbochargers change velocity with engine RPM but this fan will only spin at one speed... but try it any way, I could very well be wrong.
94 mazda mx3 rs 1.6l DOHC... probe 4-2-1 header, 2" catback, a spec CAI, advanced ignition timing, NGK plugs/ wires, obx light wight crank pulley
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2754605/1
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Please search next time before posting up stuff like that :roll: :x

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... ger+knight

or use the search and type "supercharger and cfm"
Last edited by Mooneggs on September 11th, 2007, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoom_zoom94mx3

Post by zoom_zoom94mx3 »

that is just what i think... I could VERY well be wrong. Who knows... maybe we can all get 40hp for $90 lol
If it works then sign me up!
94 mazda mx3 rs 1.6l DOHC... probe 4-2-1 header, 2" catback, a spec CAI, advanced ignition timing, NGK plugs/ wires, obx light wight crank pulley
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2754605/1
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

actually me and barry figured out that it is possible to make one of those style "superturbochargers" with a lil math it is possible to get an electronic motor to spin at a rate that will give it right around 4-5psi, unfortunetly the draw on your battery would be so severe that you would not get that much hp from it similar to the issues with the thomas knight setup
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Mnemonic wrote:actually me and barry figured out that it is possible to make one of those style "superturbochargers" with a lil math it is possible to get an electronic motor to spin at a rate that will give it right around 4-5psi, unfortunetly the draw on your battery would be so severe that you would not get that much hp from it similar to the issues with the thomas knight setup
yeah I looked into those TK ones but they have a whole slew of batteries to charge it up... still not worth it IMO
fromtornashes

Post by fromtornashes »

the probe addiction supercharger should work though right
RIP Matt

Return to “Forced Induction”