no projectors from American Company...I will explain tonight

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
s1zzl3

Post by s1zzl3 »

mx3optidrive wrote:The link says $750 when I click it.

Josh seems as anxious as we all are to get mx-3 projector hid's. I can't wait to see what he does with the lights I am sending out to him tomorrow.

LOL, I am actually excited about this. I wasn't excited about something for the car in a long time.
damn...
i shouldve bought sum when it said $650...
haha o well
hook me up wit sum clear lenses
s1zzl3 & s1 Designs 2009
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2312320
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

I contacted the owner & informed him of past incidents & I also did a search through the web of his company. people seem very happy with this company.

this came from him
as for group buys, i do not usually hold them for projector headlights. i have a huge amount of work on my table right now as it is
Can you clear up any issues

jason
[/i]
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Naky wrote:Is the price in USD? Is shipping included in the price for the return or will that be a separate charge? Is he going to label the package as a gift, or will we not only have to pay 750 bucks plus whatever we paid for shipping (with CanadaPost, probably another 100 bucks at least - more with a registered mail carrier like UPS) but an additional customs tax of yet another hundred or two? Because all said and done, these lights are already at the thousand dollar mark... and I'm not even including the purchase of a second set of lights since driving around with no headlights for what will undoubtedly be minimum of a week and more likely be around a month isn't an option.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car and desperately want a new set of lights for them but at this time I'm not sure if I can justify an expense that's 25% of the KBB total value of my car :)
The prices are in US dollars but that doesn't change the price much because the Canadian Dollar is so strong right now. On XE.com, $650US (cost of lights if 2-4 people get them) converts to $687.72 CD, which, in my eyes is not a big difference.

It does not include shipping back to you, but he uses usps for sending them back to you so no brokerage fees.

There will be no customs charges for your lights coming back to Canada because we bought the lights in Canada and are only sending them away for cleaning/repairs. Since we paid for the lights already and paid the taxes in Canada for them, there is no way they can charge us again. I actually called Customs Canada and asked them about this already and they told me all this when talking to them.

If the GB does happen, then you won't be paying $750 to start with and if you have your own HID's, you get even more money off. So if, lets say, 5-10 people decide to get them, that is $600us and you have a set of HID's already, then it is now $500us so with shipping both ways, it will be roughly around $575-600us for everything.

I hope this answered your questions, if you have anymore, just ask.
s1zzl3 wrote:damn...
i shouldve bought sum when it said $650...
haha o well
hook me up wit sum clear lenses
When you checked the website, he was just updating it and he forgot to add $100 for the new lenses and that is why it was $650 and is now $750. The lights on the site that are $650 and lights that don't need their lenses replaced because they are clear already Our stock lenses are made to disperse the light in the correct pattern so not to blind oncoming traffic and you don't need these in the lenses for projector lights. With our stock lenses on these projectors, it will take away from the quality of light being emitted and this is why he is making us new lenses.
Mnemonic wrote:I wont commit to any company till i see an entire shelf full, not after the turbo groupbuy, the lambo door groupbuy, the marshmellow incident. All these New non known companies wanting to help the mx-3 community out with new products but yet all of them have ended in disaster.
You may see a shelf full of the lenses but not of the projectors. He uses our stock housing and builds each light out of that. Unless you wait until the possible GB is started, then you may see some more lights.

I will try to get Josh to do a history for his business for us. I know that he sponsored shows and is well known on other sites around the internet, especially the j-body crowd.

I also put off writing him for about a year now just to make sure he was still around after that length of time and see some of his products and how his quality improved. From what I have seen and heard, I am very happy with the quality of both, his products and support. He is very friendly to talk to and answers any questions quickly.

I hope this helps everyone.

Jeff
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i'd prefer just to have a set of lenses, I'd rather have patdiesels design anyway because for the amount he's charging i could go to pat and get 2 hella 90mms in each housing
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Mnemonic wrote:i'd prefer just to have a set of lenses, I'd rather have patdiesels design anyway because for the amount he's charging i could go to pat and get 2 hella 90mms in each housing
That is fine, but when I asked Pat for a quote, he said it would be around $900 for a complete set ready to be wired into the car. I actually still have the PM's from him with the breakdown of the price he quoted me.

If you get the Pat Diesel lights, which are a nice design and I still like it very much, I am sure you can get a set of lenses from Josh and they will fit like OEM rather than use the GTS lenses that leave about 1/2" gap around the light.

Thanks for all the inputs and comments from everyone interested.
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

monty73741 wrote:I contacted the owner & informed him of past incidents & I also did a search through the web of his company. people seem very happy with this company.

this came from him
as for group buys, i do not usually hold them for projector headlights. i have a huge amount of work on my table right now as it is
Can you clear up any issues

jason
[/i]
I am sorry Jason, I don't understand your question. If you mean about the work that he has on his table, not sure what I can say about it. He is busy and as off right now, this is just a gauging interest thread.

If you mean about him not usually doing group buys for projectors. He doesn't normally do them, but he is doing a GB in our case, if it gets that far.

I sent my lights to him so we can all see his work quality and decide if we have enough interest to open up a GB. Hopefully his work load will lighten up and we did already make a plan for a GB if and when it becomes one.

If I didn't answer your question Jason, please elaborate and I will answer it asap.

Jeff
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Okay guys, I am going on vacation for a few days. I am heading to Toronto with the wife and visit some friends. I will be away from the computer for that time so if there are any questions, I will respond when I get back home.

I just wanted to let everyone know in case any questions were asked while I was away.

Jeff
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

I am back from Toronto, just to let everyone know. Any other questions, concerns or comments, go for it.

Jeff
claude matte

Post by claude matte »

any full on pics for them as of yet ill be in as soon as i see a pic. and if they look anything like the grand am ones hell ya im in 100% lol
thanks
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3mazda
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3346603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; new pics
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

I just sent the lights to him on the 27th, so I don't think he has received them yet. I will post here when I hear that he got them and also as soon as he sends some pics of any progress.

Jeff
claude matte

Post by claude matte »

thanks a ton jeff
i thought he might have had someting semi fabed up since there for sale on his site already thats cool
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3mazda
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3346603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; new pics
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Your welcome.

He added them to the site in anticipation of doing a set of our lights and he knew that I was sending my lights to him before he added it. As soon as he has progress, he will send me pics to post and probably update his site as well. I am excited to see how this turns out as well.

Jeff
Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

Hmmmmm, GB.........

If i see pictures, and the first peeps in on the GB recieve their lights i will buy a set that very second.

Simple as, so many peeps have MX3's in the UK nowadays, you would literally sell thousands over here if price was good as our Currency is so strong, 1 GBP / 2.02 USD last time i looked on ADVFN

I feel so strongly about the need for Projectors. All the threads, its been like a girl that would suck up to the point your nearly there then go,

"oh i have to go, cu later"

So i am going to resort to Blackmail, after the Turbo GB if this doesnt work out i will burn a piece of A4 paper with Stars and Stripes or Canadian Flag (whichever is relevant) drawn on it with Crayon and put it on Youtube to show my frustration, too many GI threads so far.

So come on guys, do it and save your Crayon Flag!

s1zzl3

Post by s1zzl3 »

I feel so strongly about the need for Projectors. All the threads, its been like a girl that would suck up to the point your nearly there then go,

"oh i have to go, cu later"
hahahaha...
wat?
s1zzl3 & s1 Designs 2009
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2312320
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Tommy D wrote: So i am going to resort to Blackmail, after the Turbo GB if this doesnt work out i will burn a piece of A4 paper with Stars and Stripes or Canadian Flag (whichever is relevant) drawn on it with Crayon and put it on Youtube to show my frustration, too many GI threads so far.

So come on guys, do it and save your Crayon Flag!
I don't want to see this happen.......lol

Got an e-mail from Josh last night, he recieved my headlights yesturday. He is hoping to get some work done on the lenses this weekend.

As usual, I will post pics and info as soon as I get them.

Jeff

Return to “New Product Development”