oil prob..

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cstott282

oil prob..

Post by cstott282 »

just put the DE in it.. starts up fine runs smooth, well there was an exhaust leak in the front manifold.. pullled that off and found oil int he 4th cyl. exhuast port.... then we pulled the plug and it had oil on it, and there is a blue tint to my exhuast.. only had time to check the compression on that one cyl. and it was 120... let me know what you guys think
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Check the vlave cover gasket and that the plugs are hand tight. Possibly its a bad engine. Compression need to be checked in all cyl.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

I think oil in the exhaust port is a little more than a bad valve cover gasket.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I agree, a bad vc gasket wil not allow oil into the exhaust port. If you are burning oil that means either bad valve seals or piston rings. If you can actually see unburnt oil in the exhaust port and on the spark plug that leads me to believe bad piston rings. I would do a full compression check on all cylinders.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I'd return the engine to whoever you bought it from before the warranty runs out.. get them to give you another engine.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If oyu have wet oil, I would think bad valve seal over bad piston ring. If the ring is bad it will usually only smoke when you stomp the gas. If the smoke seems more constant then I would think a valve seal. Either way I would try and return the motor.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
cstott282

Post by cstott282 »

i bought it off a guy on the mx6 forums.. but he told me when i bought it he wasnt pos. on the engine because he never had it installed he bought a probe with a ze adn the guy threw the DE along with it.. the guy told him it ran fine but he couldtn be pos. when he sold it to me so i just said whatever adn paid 100 dollars.. i have valve seals ( came in my gasketset ) just never put htem in when i did the rest.. idk why. hah but i just bought the rings for 55 dollars.. adn i also bought a set of ze pistons and rings for 100 shipped.. they came outa ze with a compression of 200 all the way around and no smoke so they shoudl be good but im still gunna throw on the new rings just 2 be safe..

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”