WTB- Nice GS lip to make a mold, TO make more!!!

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
92gsrtwinturbo

WTB- Nice GS lip to make a mold, TO make more!!!

Post by 92gsrtwinturbo »

Like it says, I need a nicer IE non broken set,
GS style lip,
I either will buy it for a reasonable price or borrow for a few months
due to it will take time to make the mold while I am not working at my real job,

thanks,
Jesse :D
Lookwuticando

Post by Lookwuticando »

Ya know, I was just thinking the same thing the other day...
these are near impossible to find (especially undamaged)and many people still want one...no, sorry I don't have a good specimen to offer, I had to settle on one with about half of the mount strip part busted off the back on one side, so I'm gonna have to improvise...but that's just it, I couldn't FIND any more GS lips anyplace!

yeah so I probly wasn't the one to do anything but think about the idea anyway :) ...I wish you good luck on this anyway though. Are you gonna make em out of urethane like the originals?
92 MX-3 RS
Repo

Post by Repo »

I know it eats me up every day to look at my car with the right side cracked. Anyone got just a right half ? PM me
92gsrtwinturbo

Post by 92gsrtwinturbo »

[quote="Lookwuticando"]Y
yeah so I probly wasn't the one to do anything but think about the idea anyway :) ...I wish you good luck on this anyway though. Are you gonna make em out of urethane like the originals?[/quote]
-well the mold will be out of a silicon rubber with a fiberglass mother shell, the first will be strait up Hand laid Fiberglass, if those go well I may do some out of urethane, but we will see, :wink:

[quote="Lookwuticando"]but that's just it, I couldn't FIND any more GS lips anyplace![/quote]
O' the dealer has 9 available in the us, but cost $285 for the set, and may be harder to get then just that. according to the parts guy, he also wasnt sure if that was both sides, it is listed as two separate parts
(for the $285 a side mind you...I called corksport, they said " according to the Mazda parts guy he called it is a sold as a set." for the above listed price,

so I am still looking for a set, and in reply to REPO,
I will Buy yours and pay shipping on yours) if it is the drivers side you have,) then send you yours back and give you a newly molded one for a discounted price :wink:
anyway let me know...

Thanks,
Jesse
92gsrtwinturbo

Post by 92gsrtwinturbo »

bump
92gsrtwinturbo

Post by 92gsrtwinturbo »

Bump!
Lookwuticando

Post by Lookwuticando »

I know where yer comin from there brother...almost gotta buy a whole GS to get one nowadays :x
92 MX-3 RS
92gsrtwinturbo

Post by 92gsrtwinturbo »

I know, I have tryed that twice ony to come out with two passenger side "good" lip pieces :evil:
but thats what I'm trying to do get some made to finally have a source for them ( besides the dealer)
:wink:
MikeMcLarenF1

Post by MikeMcLarenF1 »

Hm, how long would you need to "borrow" them for?

I have a red '94 GS and I think the lips on mine are pretty much mint condition..... I'd like to help you out if this means cheap good quality lips for the rest of the guys on the board... I just don't want to lose my lips for too long.
93mazdamx3_93

Post by 93mazdamx3_93 »

so did this happen? ^^^^^^^^
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

yea i could use a nice gs lip nstead of the dealers stealing money....
95 B6DE 5spd H @ R lowering springs, custom exhaust, 5 spoke noname rims, gtr wing, short shift, alpine mrd 1000 amp, 2 15" ma audio subs, panasonic deck, JBL front speakers AND A BLOWN ENGINE!:(
92gsrtwinturbo

Post by 92gsrtwinturbo »

I have done some research the dealers in the us only have 9 sets available,

I did get a lip now...
though I'm still in need of a set of side skirts. :lol:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

are you going to make a one piece lip? or just remake the 2 piece lip
the_anj

Re: WTB- Nice GS lip to make a mold, TO make more!!!

Post by the_anj »

If you're still looking for a lip, let me know. I have one in decent shape that i'd be willing to lend. shoot me a PM
'94 GS-DE
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: WTB- Nice GS lip to make a mold, TO make more!!!

Post by fowljesse »

If you offered simple variations, I'b buy one that is the same as stock, but a little lower.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”