Clutch problems

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MoRf

Clutch problems

Post by MoRf »

hello i just got my car back from the paint shop the other day, it had been sitting for about 2 months and as i was parking the car i noticed it was getting stuck in gear and would not release even with the clutch pedal all the way to the floor and it slowly engaged to the point where it wass pulling the car(kind of like the clutch being slowly released) at first i though it might have been air in the system, we tried bleeding it with no results. i think the problem is the pressure plate but im no clutch expert,

so i think im going to buy a new clutch kit today or tomorow, i just have a normal k-8, i can use a normal k-8 clutch or i could use a stronger mx-6 or probe GT one though right? if theres not to much of a price defference and there all the same basically then i will probably buy the PGT because it would be the cheapest right?
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

A pgt/mx6 clutch will work no problem. I am not sure which is cheaper mx3 or pgt. But if money is an issue i would recommend southbend clutch. Their stage 1 clutch is awesome. I have it on my de and love it.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
MoRf

Post by MoRf »

well money is not like a big issue its just soon my car will be put away for the winter and id rather not spend a pile on it, i think the pgt would be cheapest and give me a bit of an upgrade
MoRf

Post by MoRf »

im actually now quite sure its the clutch pedal booster?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”