For those of you with a tial wastegate

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
hgallegos915

For those of you with a tial wastegate

Post by hgallegos915 »

Hey.. Im getting a bit confused here.. ok the valve seat... according to the diagram.. the little groove is supposed to be facing the valve right?

http://www.tialmedia.com/documents/w3_tial_wg_assem.pdf

?

And then the bottom portion bolts up tpo the exhaust manufold? It came with 2 flanges.. which i dont know what they are for..
heres a short video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmth4sLKo6g

Im lost ..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

okay those 2 steel flanges you have are 35mm and 38mm so that you can fab. them onto a collector/ turbo pipe. all u need to do is bolt the bottom of the wastegate to the turbo pipes with the gasket given. and like stated above u can use the extra flanges to make a dump tube it u want to lower the exaust vent. sound.....hope that helps
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

where is the metal ring i didn't see one u need one or it won't hold boost it will either no boost at all or go over borad
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Yeah I got the valve seat, i ahd it on backwards on the video. I guess it goes pressed to the pipes. It does seem to seal well.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

make sure u put that on when the tyme comes
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “Forced Induction”