K8 dist on ZE?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Suresperance

K8 dist on ZE?

Post by Suresperance »

i need to know if a K8 dist would work on a ZE. pretty sure mines shot and have a spare K8 one. if so how would i go about swapping them. any special instructions or any thing for proper timing?
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

are you being serious?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

You have all those mods done to your car and don't know how to install a distributor..wow :roll:
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
shab4life

Post by shab4life »

yes it fits and its fine
1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS SOLD
1993 Mazda Mx-3 SE SOLD
1994 Mazda Mx-3 ZE SOLD
1992 Mazda Mx-3 KLZE-T
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

mx3autozam wrote:You have all those mods done to your car and don't know how to install a distributor..wow :roll:
He may have well gotten it all done at a shop ahahah..

No honestly, I've been in the same position. I mean this is something thats not hard to figure out, but i've been in a position were there was something i just didn't know that i should have...it happens. Like the time somebody asked about what a engine lift and stand were for.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

yeah im serious dropping in an engine and doing bolt ons arnt that hard but im afraid of messing with the timing lol.

i do all my own work i couldnt afford to pay a shop to do it lol
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

just put it on in the same position. its not very hard.computer will adjust it if its a tad off. I've never ahd a problem.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

well its all done and works great motor is running better than it did in the other car. dist was the problem just put it back in the same spot and its great. thanks for your help now i just need to find the fitting i forgot to connect and is leaking power steering fluid all over. lol

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”