Ok, this is it ... CAI

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lerutis

Post by lerutis »

This is the integra one, using the curved pipe and it's kind of in the space just behind fog lights, had to bend the ac pipes just abit. Works good, nice sound aswell.

Only thing i wonder about is, does you pipes also get very hot from the engine ? Doesn't this warm the air up alot? :o
zoomzoommx

Post by zoomzoommx »

I like the integra intake. I wish i would have known abought it before i stole the intake off of my rs, and moddified it.
CHECK it out.DONT mind my DIRTY engine.(before i put the ZE in)

heres were it comes out a little Low i know

since i got rid of that black vaccum goin to the intake(before TB) and replaced the two hoses with mini blue cone filters, and cut an inch off of it.Looks better on a cleaner engine.
lerutis

Post by lerutis »

That was really low :D but fresh air atleast hehe.

Anyone every noticed the piping getting warm by the engine ? Mine gets atleast ...
zoomzoommx

Post by zoomzoommx »

mine gets a little warm but not much... unless its been running for awhiillle.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

OutlaW wrote:I am thinking of buying a Green TWISTER
I can buy it from a local shop near my house.
It has a built in HeatShield, and the shop also has this cool Green ram air kit for it .
And it's rice chrome :lol:
OMG thats the same stuff you use to channel air out the back of my dryer LOL!!!!! POS FTW!!!!
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

lerutis wrote:
Only thing i wonder about is, does you pipes also get very hot from the engine ? Doesn't this warm the air up alot? :o
Well, the pipes are metal and thin, so yeah, they'll heat up. However, I would imagine the air is getting sucked in at a pretty high rate, so perhaps it doesn't have time to heat up very much. It's not gonna be much colder than stock intake, though, because the stock intake is fairly well designed. CAI mod is more for flow increase rather than temperature reduction, as far as I can tell.
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

Mnemonic wrote:
It has a built in HeatShield, and the shop also has this cool Green ram air kit for it .
OMG thats the same stuff you use to channel air out the back of my dryer LOL!!!!! POS FTW!!!!
Well since we're sharing experiences here, I would like to say that I'm using stuff like that for growing pot :lol:
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

That certainly looks pretty swish, it'd be a shame to hide it away in the fender
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

Look, the PVC vent goes into the sillicon union.

Carefull... that union is ment to bend. Not bright idea to put a hose there... There may be a small vacuum leak if it bends too much.
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
mx34u2nv

Post by mx34u2nv »

that heat shield will act more like an air restrictor. I had one on mine kinda like that , but mine was the reactive one and it cost hp. Ud be netter to just locate the filter behind the head light away from the engine. The loss was noticible.. couldnt keep up to a mustang gt with it on, and passin the gt with out it...
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”