no projectors from American Company...I will explain tonight

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
mx3optidrive

no projectors from American Company...I will explain tonight

Post by mx3optidrive »

I know what you are all thinking, here is another projector promise that is either going to take forever or not happen at all, but this one will happen. I was talking to the owner of the company, izntrbl.cpm, and he is going to do my lights first so you can all see what the finished product will look like before you decide if you want to commit to a possible GB.

I will be sending him my lights in the middle of September, because I am going to Toronto for vacation and won't be able to send them until then, for him to start. He is going to be sending progress pics of the process as it is being completed. If anyone is interested in a GB for these please post here with any comments and/or questions and I will get a hold of the owner to get the answers.

The lights will be totally plug and play, both wiring and mounting. If there is a GB, you have to either send him your lights out of your car or get an extra set to send to him for him to retrofit everything into and then he sends them back to us.

Pricing for a single set of completed lights is: $750
Pricing for each set if GB goes through for 2-4 people: $750-100= $650
Pricing for each set if GB goes through for 5-10 people: $750-150= $600

Here is a breakdown of his pricing for the lights:

-$300 for cost of materials and labour
-$350 for projectors, HID lights, ballasts with 2 year warranty, plug and play wiring harness (the harness is a $75 value that he is including free)
-$100 for new, in shop made, clear lensesto replace the stock ones

With these, there are a couple options also:
-for $100 more you can get angel eyes/halo's in either white or blue
-he can also modify the shield so that oncoming traffic will see a hint of blue to your lights but you, the driver, will only see bright white and no blue from inside your car.
-If you have a HID kit, you get $100 more taken off the total cost of the lights

The projectors he uses is from the Infinity FX35 and are Bi-xenon's which means that they have both hi and low beams in the one light. The HID's that he uses are D2S lights and are 4300K and, like mentioned earlier, have a 2 year warranty on the Ballasts. The 4300K is what is used in most stock HID lighting from the high-end car companies.

Also, if anyone is interested in a set of clear lenses for their custom projector projects with stock housing, they will be available soon also.

Here is a link to his website and to let you know before anyone asks, the $300 price that is on the lights is just the cost of materials and at the bottom of each page is where you see the options that you have to add to the $300.

http://www.izntrbl.com/product_info.php ... headlights

Please let me know of any questions you may have and I will get them answered asap. Thanks

Jeff
Last edited by mx3optidrive on May 28th, 2008, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Good to see the projects keep rolling in. Hopefully this one is the ticket. They look pretty good and farily similar to the ones I created. A single b-xenon lamp might look kind of small in the MX housing which is much larger than the one in your pic. However, still very good lighting and a fair price IMO. It needs to be said that he will need a GOOD set of lamps to work with. Broken aiming or mounting equipment or stripped aiming gears will net a pair of lights you cannot use, but paid a good bit for. I like the vacuum formed interior of the lights and the lenses look great too.

I would definately be interested in a set or two of the lenses if and when these are made.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
s1zzl3

Post by s1zzl3 »

if the finished product looks anything like the grand am ones they have on their website (seeing as they r the closest match to ours)
then they would be boss :twisted:

http://www.izntrbl.com/popup_image.php/pID/223

id like to see sum finished results tho
keep us updated! :)
s1zzl3 & s1 Designs 2009
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2312320
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm definately interested...
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

I was talking to Josh last night and I moved up the sending of my lights to next week. Should be in the mail to him on Monday.

s1zzl3: As I said, Josh will be sending some progress pics and finished products as soon as he can. He did say that the lights would be a lot like the Sunfire lights and not the Grand Am ones. You will see what they will look like soon enough and see if you like them then, which I think you will.

Mooneggs: I was trying to get a hold of you before I posted this GI thread to see what you thought. Figured you would have been interested, lol.

Like I said, if there are any question anyone would like answered, just ask and I will post as soon as I get a response from Josh.

Jeff
chertel

Post by chertel »

I hope these projectors happen because like everyone else I have wanted new projectors for a very long time and get rid of the old foggy ones. Definately interested.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Why not just look at the billion other posts with people asking the same question.... general interest in Projectors.

Of course everyone wants them.

That is, until they see the price, then they will all balk at it and say its too expensive compared to the cheapo honda stuff.

Good luck.

Seriously, you will need it.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
lowridah313

Post by lowridah313 »

I'm in for a set of clear lenses! Jeff seems determined to make this happen.
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chertel

Post by chertel »

:? why do you sound so frustrated atlantamx3? I was just happy to see something happening with projectors for our cars and if it doesn't happen than I'll be de-fogging my old ones like I have been for a long time, no big deal. For me the price is not a big issue, if people are interested but cant afford them than they shouldn't show interest? I see your point about the cheap honda lights, I wouldn't put them on my car just because they are made by honda and because they look like crap when you open the hood.
I had just assumed that everyone that had shown interest in the past had seen the honda lights and was willing to pay more for something better.
hharb

Post by hharb »

dude make it happen, and ull get 20 ppl, i already fitted my civics they look awesome, but theres a whole lot of inconvenience involved (im not getting into details) and the total cost was a good $300, so i would still like a nice plug and play hid headlights, that would rock.. maybe some ppl would prefere regular headlights if they're on a tight budget, but trust me if it happens the least you'll get is 10 ppl
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Well, yesturday I took my lights out of the car and boxed them up ready to ship out. I am going to call customs tomorrow and see if there is a way around paying duties because the lights being returned will originally be my headlights that I send to the states.

Thanks for showing some interest here guys. The clear lenses will be a good option for people looking at doing their own retro's.

I am sure after I get some progress pics more people will be interested and hopefully we car change this from a GI thread to a GB then.

Jeff
s1zzl3

Post by s1zzl3 »

wow that was fast
they now have a mazda mx3 link for the headlights
theyve priced it at $650.00 already...

http://www.izntrbl.com/index.php/cName/mazda-mx3
s1zzl3 & s1 Designs 2009
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2312320
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

The link says $750 when I click it.

Josh seems as anxious as we all are to get mx-3 projector hid's. I can't wait to see what he does with the lights I am sending out to him tomorrow.

LOL, I am actually excited about this. I wasn't excited about something for the car in a long time.
Naky

Post by Naky »

Is the price in USD? Is shipping included in the price for the return or will that be a separate charge? Is he going to label the package as a gift, or will we not only have to pay 750 bucks plus whatever we paid for shipping (with CanadaPost, probably another 100 bucks at least - more with a registered mail carrier like UPS) but an additional customs tax of yet another hundred or two? Because all said and done, these lights are already at the thousand dollar mark... and I'm not even including the purchase of a second set of lights since driving around with no headlights for what will undoubtedly be minimum of a week and more likely be around a month isn't an option.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car and desperately want a new set of lights for them but at this time I'm not sure if I can justify an expense that's 25% of the KBB total value of my car :)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I wont commit to any company till i see an entire shelf full, not after the turbo groupbuy, the lambo door groupbuy, the marshmellow incident. All these New non known companies wanting to help the mx-3 community out with new products but yet all of them have ended in disaster.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

Return to “New Product Development”