SOLVED - Misfires + Sometimes Stalls. Also Timing Question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

I actually have changed my O2 sensors... I didn't do em both at once though... the front one is probably a couple years old, and the rear one is probably no older than a year and a half. I did pull inversion codes on both sensors over the weekend. Since I've been running my K8 ECU and the thing coughs carbon out the tailpipe I'm sure they just gotta be cleaned. I'm gonna find time tonight to pull em out and clean em off now that I got my probinator chip.

We'll see how she runs once all that's in order.
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

well got my chipped ecu in, haven't cleaned off the o2s yet cause my socket is over at my folk's place. Started her up and she's got a bit of a misfire(?) in the idle. It kinda goes like: v-v-v-v-v-v-v-v-bvv-v-v-bvv-bvv-v-v-v-v-bvv-v-v-v-v-v-bvv-v-v-v-v-bvv-v-v-v-v if that makes any sense... Ha, I love trying to describe engine noises.
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

Well, I think I've finally fixed this. I went to take it for a drive on the 16th, and the tach was all over the place at idle, bouncing around in a 1500 rpm range. So I got fed up, figured it had to have something to do with the tach signal wire. I grabbed the disty wires and just started workin 'em over like they owed me money... started her up again.... no tach at all. So I rip all the electrical tape off for like the 42nd time and whadda ya know... the resistor broke right off. I soldered a new one in and she's been runnin like a champ ever since, well... the idle ain't quite right, but now I at least don't hafta worry about stallin out whenever I try to put my foot in it.

f---in eh
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Mine was doing this before I took out my o2 sensors to clean them. After I did that. It stopped doing it.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”