jackshaft issue

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
XL200

jackshaft issue

Post by XL200 »

Does the SOHC and DOHC proteges both have jackshafts? I thought it was only the dohc but if im wrong this is why...
I searched too...
Im swapping a 1.8BP with a Gseries and jackshaft that dosent line up. My driver side axle clicked in perfectly and fits fine but the pass. side splines fit in(the tranny) and lines up with the hub but the jackshaft dosent line up up with the block. The mount that takes the 3 bolts on the jackshaft is about and inch from the block. How would this happen? I received this axle for free and was under the impression it was from a dohc 1.8 cause the other axle fits perfect.
Im kinda stumped so thanks for any help!!
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

so u have a BP along with the g-series trans rite..

the 1.8 sohc bp and dohc bp use different axles..

so that haftshaft you have is not from a 1.8 bp g-series trans or it would have fit..

so you need to find or get a halfshaft from another g-series trans..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

what the hell is a jackshaft? is it just another name for the halfshaft.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

hey hey i called a windage try a griddle..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
XL200

Post by XL200 »

I hav a dohc bp. but my question is does the sohc protege HAVE a jackshaft? or is it a straight axle like an mx3?
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

I ANSWER ur ? aleady

both models use different axles..

but to be more clear yes the sohc bo use a passanger side axles that long axles like the sohc mx-3..

Return to “Transmissions”