Just killed my car...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
steckino

Just killed my car...

Post by steckino »

Okay this post is stupid so please... just skip by it.... thanks
Last edited by steckino on August 9th, 2007, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Mazda MX3 I4
1995 Mazda MX3 B6D (parts car)
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Throttle Body: $30
CAI: $50 Shipped
MAF/VAV: $40-80
Assorted hoses: $1-5

Even if you had to replace your complete intake, you're still spending less than $150.

If that costs a fortune to you, then you'll never be able to even make your car look nice.

Quite frankly, I feel kind of insulted that you'd post what you just did.

If you're just trying to make the car look nice, whatever, you can buy just about any car for that. But if you want to make your MX-3 something you enjoy, not just some "car" you are forced to drive, do this the mature way.

Research.

If you can't figure it out, ask people to help. but don't ask like this:

"HI IM NEW MY CAR WONT WORK LOL DOESNT START UP DUNNO WATS WRONG FIX MY PROBLEM K THX"

Go into detail with the problem, what you changed on the car that might affect it, take pictures of what you "touched" to make it stop working, document, inform and research.

If you don't care to do that much, I don't think anyone will care to help you.

You'll notice that if you're sincere and determined and have done all you can that YOU know and researched to solve the problem, but still fail, just about EVERYONE on this board will help you out in some way possible. People will try and find parts for you, give you excellent advice, point you to where you need to look, ect.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

yeah I am not really sure why you are giving up so easily either.... :?

Not that difficult.

Hell, I am not even sure what you are having probs with exactly because your post is rambling and incoherent. :roll:

We can pretty much figure anything out here... so post exactly what happened and we will tell you how to fix it.

Did you plug in your air flow sensor all the way? Sometimes it can be a bit tricky to get the plug back on after you have removed it.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
steckino

Post by steckino »

Okay I plugged it back in and the car won't stay on :\ the 3 wires that have plugs on them (the wires that have to slide onto prongs) It's a bit hard to tell if the wires are in the correct spot for me, but judging by the way the wires are placed and the bends on the wires... I figured the wire that has more of a bend in it went all the way to the other side.

I broke a part on my stock intake, I simply tried to do a make-shift patch work... but that proved to be irritating. It was the large hose white piping that I broke. If you guys want me to get a picture I will do that for you...

please help me even though I had my hissy fit earlier...
1992 Mazda MX3 I4
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

steckino wrote:Okay I plugged it back in and the car won't stay on :\ the 3 wires that have plugs on them (the wires that have to slide onto prongs) It's a bit hard to tell if the wires are in the correct spot for me, but judging by the way the wires are placed and the bends on the wires... I figured the wire that has more of a bend in it went all the way to the other side.

I broke a part on my stock intake, I simply tried to do a make-shift patch work... but that proved to be irritating. It was the large hose white piping that I broke. If you guys want me to get a picture I will do that for you...

well i'm laughing over here, and not b/c i'm being an a--, but because i did the SAME thing as you LOL...

okay you removed the MAF by the screws right? well that was the wrong way to take it off, and so you probably broke a connector inside the MAF just like I did...

the correct way to take it off is locate a "pin" like thing that is on the connector, take that off, and pull... do not unscrew it..

hope this helps!!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

i know some of the 1" hoses that break from the stock intake to the manifold are a bit of a pain, as they have some major bendage.

If you can't get a hose to "fit" properly because it's trying to take some massive turn, go buy a simple "L" joint for a buck or two at your local auto parts store.

And a picture of your full current dilemma will help as well... plus, we all like seeing under the hoods of all the members cars ;)
steckino

Post by steckino »

Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:
steckino wrote:Okay I plugged it back in and the car won't stay on :\ the 3 wires that have plugs on them (the wires that have to slide onto prongs) It's a bit hard to tell if the wires are in the correct spot for me, but judging by the way the wires are placed and the bends on the wires... I figured the wire that has more of a bend in it went all the way to the other side.

well i'm laughing over here, and not b/c i'm being an a--, but because i did the SAME thing as you LOL...

okay you removed the MAF by the screws right? well that was the wrong way to take it off, and so you probably broke a connector inside the MAF just like I did...

the correct way to take it off is locate a "pin" like thing that is on the connector, take that off, and pull... do not unscrew it..

hope this helps!!

HAHAHA yes I did that... and thank you... lesson learned, but yeah I managed to place the CAI inside and I do have pictures for the person who posted last on this subject... and I'm sorry to the people I angered yesterday :\. It was immature... but yeah I need to get a new part... so I'm spending the rest of my day getting the part number. It's on this site correct?
1992 Mazda MX3 I4

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”