which rrfpr

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
PWRD_BY_HKS

which rrfpr

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Okay guys so I'm almost done with my turbo list. The last thing I need is an aftermarket fpr. Now I'm not too sure which one I need to get. I know that there is some that need to be adjusted and some that just come with a gauge. So which one do I need. And how do I set it. I already have an air to fuel ratio gauge. Not wide band though mine runs to the 02 sensor. Can you guys help me out.
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

why havent u asked me dude? :/
tought u already had one..

on the afpr you cant skimp out, make sure you get something good i suggest it comes with the gauge. You adjust them in conjunction with the wideband.. i dont know how it will work with narrowband since that isnt accurate.

You adjust by turning the nut at the top and you need a fuel rail adapter for it.

My cospo afpr came with a fuel rail adapter for our cars. I havent installed because I dont have the wideband. I asked alot of times about using narrow band but everyone tells me not to, even at 4 psi. If you get it running without the wideband, let me know PLEASE!
Last edited by hgallegos915 on August 8th, 2007, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Okay I'm still lost then. I don't understand how its goes can anyone post some pictures. Or is there an easier way to set it up. I really don't have the money to roll out for another gauge. So can someone either link me over to one on eBay or kinds explain in in detail. Please thanks.
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well what do you currently have for fuel regulator?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
jdMx-3KID

Post by jdMx-3KID »

Just the stock. But I need to buy one. And I want to make sure I know exactly what is going on
FORMALLY KNOWN AS PWRD_BY_HKS....
ZE POWERED MX TO THE THIRD
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

with the 4psi ya want ur stock FPR is more than enough,,

on mysetup im at 18psi -20psi and still using the stock fpr and a stock BP fuel rail. know i need one when i finally get off my a-- and up the boost to 25psi.

u'll be fine with ur stock fpr. i'll glady go to el paso and hand ya $100 buck the day ya go over 25psi on ur turbo setup.
Last edited by Limegreen mx-3 on August 8th, 2007, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

this is a klze tho not a bp.
-hec

Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

big difference j/k

im using a KL-DE FPR on my BP rail.
for just 4 psi i don't see ya he needs a FPR not like he is running 20+psi.

He doesn't even have bigger injecters. for the boost he wants i don't think its needed isn't he still oem wiring wise. or is he using a MS-II.

got something against a BP. LOL
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

no LOL just that the fuel ratios are diff, and so is the compression lol

I wish i was a bp and easily boost.
-hec

PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

hey man are you sure i can just use stock for 4 lbs.... that would be the best ever
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
andy

Post by andy »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUEL-PRE ... dZViewItem

this is what I have in my car. I had to add an "0" ring to one of the adapters. If you have a stock pump then you can use the stock FPR.
If you have a 255 lph pump installed it will overwhelm the stock FPR.
I used my narrow band to help gauge my AFPR adjustment. Plus I researched several forums to see where everyone was at.
At only 4psi you could use the stock pump and stock FPR.
You'll soon get bored with only 4psi.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

With a KLZE, do NOT just stick with an upgraded fuel pump and AFPR! 4 PSI or 40 psi, if you have boost on an engine that originally did not come boosted, you NEED a boost sensitive fuel delivery system.
Let's clear up definitions:

AFPR=Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

RRFPR=Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator (commonly referred to as an FMU)

If you have no means of increasing fuel relative to boost PSI, such as megasquirt, then you need to use a RRFPR (FMU).

I recommend a Vortech FMU such as this one:
http://www.nipponpower.com/~nippon/prod ... -thumb.jpg
T61 powered KLZE
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Okay. Cool thanks for clearing that up but now my question is do I need both. I already bought the vortech 12:1 fmu. Also I got the walboro 255 pump.
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

let me know when u are ready tio start it up please!!! I wanna be one of the first to see it!!!! CMON! LOL
-hec

n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

I would suggest using both an AFPR and a RRFPR. I have never tried to use the stock FPR with boost and an FMU, so I cannot argue whether it would be ok or not. Since you can get an AFPR for relatively cheap, I would recommend getting one just for good measure. Also, you can make small adjustments with an AFPR to 'tune' the best possible way with your RRFPR. Lastly, do not rely on a narrowband o2 sensor. Bad, bad idea.
T61 powered KLZE

Return to “Forced Induction”