Passenger Window Goes down but not up

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Bircher

Passenger Window Goes down but not up

Post by Bircher »

Driver side switch works for drivers side but not passenger, and passenger side only goes down :x. All connectors are connected and the fuse is fine. my window is stuck half way down at the moment :cry: . I think the switches are fine. might have something to do with wiring.

Just wonder if anyone has had this problem or know of any solutions, thanks.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Can you put the window up and down using the switch on the passenger door?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Sounds like a crapped out drivers switch. Pretty common issue, but very hard to find a good switch at a decent price.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
danmyers686

Post by danmyers686 »

Hook 2 wires to the connector for the window motor, from the battery. one ground, one power each way the window will go up or down that will rule out the window motor. Mine was the other way around and turned out to be the switch mine only went up and not down.
Im a potential scammer, do not sell me anything as I owe others $$

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”