Background info?

Eunos 30X/Presso/Autozam AZ-3 Discussions
Matt

Background info?

Post by Matt »

Im looking for quick background info on the Eunos30x/and the autozam AZ-3. More or less correct me if im wrong, the Eunos is from japan? if not which is?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

pretty sure the az-3 was available in select parts of europe and australia/new zealand and of course japan...I'm gathering information also on this and from what I've found there are no mx-3's in australia. It is called the Eunos 30x there.

In europe and japan the eunos presso exists along with the autozam az-3 and mazda mx-3...

I'm trying to gather information about the different interior styles and unique parts for my international project.

good article with info you are looking for:
http://www.cars-directory.net/gallery/m ... os_presso/
JDMC

Post by JDMC »

i have 1 eunos presso and 2 autozam az-3's if you need to know any thing about them just asked i might or might not know lol
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Mooneggs wrote:pretty sure the az-3 was available in select parts of europe and australia/new zealand and of course japan...I'm gathering information also on this and from what I've found there are no mx-3's in australia. It is called the Eunos 30x there.

In europe and japan the eunos presso exists along with the autozam az-3 and mazda mx-3...

I'm trying to gather information about the different interior styles and unique parts for my international project.

good article with info you are looking for:
http://www.cars-directory.net/gallery/m ... os_presso/
Mazda (or Masuda as correctly pronounced and spelled in Japanese) markets most of their cars under 3 brand names in Japan - Autozam, Eunos and Efini. The MX-3 name was given and LH drive cars and official imports to the UK.

Autozam - is strictly a Japan only brand name that markets selected Mazda and Suzuki products under this name. The AZ-3 was only sold in Japan in 4 trim level and 3 different engines.

Eunos - is a slightly upscale brand name. This name is used for the Up Market division of Mazda in the ANZ market. Eunos sold the Presso only in Japan and the 30X in Australia. Any 30X in NZ seems to have been privately imported from Oz. The Presso did have several engine and trim options like the AZ-3 but the 30X was a one model fits all.

However in many of the countries were they drive on the RH side of the road there is a strong market for "Grey Market" used Japanese cars that are about 4 or 5 years old. And those countries with a 15 year import law are seeing a the '91,'92 and are starting to see the '93 being imported now. Those of you younger than 28-30 probably would not have realized this because you would have joined the list after there were a fair number of "grey market" imports around the world.

Efini - was to be the North American Up Market brand name like Lexus, Acura, etc but never came to be because of the Asian market crash in the early 90's and plans were scrapped. Masuda did use this name in Japan with the RX-7,Cosmo, MS-6, MS-8 and MPV selling under this name.
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

And don't forget MS-9.
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Early Presso's were V6 only, the Autozamm's were 1.5 4cyl
around 96 the Autozamm was dropped and the Presso was available as a 4cyl...., at least this is what appears to be the case through looking at the dealer yards

As far as i'm aware the MX3/Presso/AZ3 was never available as a new car in NZ, and due to an upgrade in our frontal safety laws, they can no longer be registered here (as a new import).
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0

Return to “Eunos 30X/Presso/Autozam AZ-3”