My setup

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
curt

My setup

Post by curt »

Check out the speakers I bought. And just guess how much they cost (Yeah, I bought them brand new). RMS 540watts, Peak 740watts.

Tell me what yeah think of them, and what they costed... No subs yet... But they're coming!

Oh also, some pics of what I have to work with after some newb installed the last shitty stereo.

Image[/img]
-Curt
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Wow, thats gonna sound great! Nice deck too...540w RMS seems high for a set of speakers...what kinda subs you getting?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Never heard of that brand before, but good luck.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
chew*

Post by chew* »

PATDIESEL wrote:Never heard of that brand before, but good luck.
They are a fairly new company pat. Ive heard a few things about them some good some bad. Me personally I think it all boils down to whos ears are listening.

Me personally I'll stick with my momo's rated at 125w rms and taking the full 650 from my kicker amp :)
Red Rocket

Post by Red Rocket »

Kaption gear has been around since the 90's, and personally I've always loved them. Great sq for a decent price, they get loud too. :D
[*url=http:cardomain.com/ride/2632839]My Cardomain Page[/url*]
curt

Post by curt »

Yeah, I've heard pretty good about Kaption... This is my first real setup... and it is actually 540w RMS lol, its pretty friggen loud huh? I'll have to get amps to run them at that though, the deck peaks at 40w X 4, and its RMS is 16w X 4... I listened to them at the stereo place, turned off all the amps, all the other speakers, etc, and in a room that is equivalent to 40 cars, it was super loud (without amps)... I had to yell to talk to the sales dude... I actually paid $590 CAD... thats what the deck normally costs... They were having a huge a-- 20yr anniversary sale so everything was on sale... I even got them to take 80$ off the sale price for the rear speakers and drop off about 120$ at the end because I said I only had 600$ in the bank.. ha... The speakers alone would be roughly 1000$ alone, and then the price of the deck, I'd say I got one hell of a deal lol... And I dunno about the subs yet, anyone got an amp for sale? A buddy has a set of 2 Kaption subs that peak at 1200 (600 a piece I think)... So I might snag those for starters, I'm not sure... I was thinking about getting two Alpines with two 800W amps, the amps alone would cost around 2000$ CAD.. lol... Maybe ill stick with some starter subs lol
-Curt
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

wow i have never seen someone wire a stereo with wire nuts, good luck on the rewire.......
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
curt

Post by curt »

lol yeah tell me about it... I plan on snagging a stock stereo wire harness, rewireing that, then getting a harness converter to convert to Alpine...
-Curt
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

Nice Curt, I really like the head unit. Is this going to be a sound quality setup?
curt

Post by curt »

Yeah, definatly... the sound quality on these speakers are amazing... I was amazed on how great they sounded just off the head unit. The front speakers have a cross-over box (seen in the one pic) which splits up the frequencies so I dont blow the speakers
-Curt

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”