civic projectors

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
guino

civic projectors

Post by guino »

i took my car to get civic projctors put on with the instructions from evilyeti.com and they quoted me 1200$ canadian is this a crazy price or is it good
thanks
what it deww
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

:lol:
Cody
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

are you talking retro fitting them, that is to say cutting the civic projectors to fit your car, or are you talking about actually having your car modified to fit civic projectors. if the answer is the later of the 2 then yes 1200 is about the right price you'll spend to do a headlight conversion. If your talking about doing like everyone else has where they have cut there civic projectors to make them fit in the mx3 then no 1200 is insane, and you could do it yourself really
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
guino

Post by guino »

hese gonna be cutting both the headlights and car for a perfect fit i was just wondering if it was a redik price because i no nothing about bodywork
thanks
what it deww
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Don't do the conversion unless you're doing a FULL conversion, by which I mean hood and front bumper. Otherwise it's going to look like poop. Just my two cents, I dont really like the look of the fully molded in headlights to our stock hood and bumper.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
guino

Post by guino »

the hood is stock but i have a bodykit on the car
what it deww
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I would say do the civic conversion yourself BEHIND the bumper and fender... if you are going to do a full conversion with civic parts you might as well go buy a civic :roll:

if you want the full civic headlight to show that will look pretty stupid IMO because the shape of the mx-3 headlights is what contributes to it's own unique style.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

save the 1200 go buy a set of glass auto adjusting headlights from germany, by a hid kit, and be done with it forever. you'll probably spend 500-600 doing that route
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Neil

Re: civic projectors

Post by Neil »

guino wrote:i took my car to get civic projctors put on with the instructions from evilyeti.com and they quoted me 1200$ canadian is this a crazy price or is it good
thanks
Thats expensive. I wouldnt do it.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Or wait and see what the A-Toy ones look like for the MX-3 when they are finished making them.
1200 is too much for a cheap a-- Civic crap kit.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Mnemonic wrote:save the 1200 go buy a set of glass auto adjusting headlights from germany, by a hid kit, and be done with it forever. you'll probably spend 500-600 doing that route
LOL if you take this route find me a set too!! :lol:
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

Get a ZE they are much more fun then civic headlights
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

Mnemonic wrote:save the 1200 go buy a set of glass auto adjusting headlights from germany, by a hid kit, and be done with it forever. you'll probably spend 500-600 doing that route
Easier said than done... I've been trying to track down a pair for a while now. You got any good contacts??? :lol:
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit

Return to “Appearance”