cruise control atx to mtx.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bdr2k5

cruise control atx to mtx.

Post by bdr2k5 »

anybody got problem using cruise control when doing atx to mtx swap?

my cruise control has never worked, the actuator and cable were missing, so i went and got one from a junkyard, put it all on, but still doesnt work, i've checked all the fuses accoring to alldata, the only thing i havent done is check the pinouts on the cruise control computer( because is a pita to get too). the thing is that my car was originally atx, but the previos owner swapedd it for mtx, im pretty sure he never care about the Cruise control, but i was wondering if the cruise computer is different on a atx and mtx...

i been trying to email the webmastah to update the cruise control manual on the online shop manual, but havent heard any answers.

thanks
hharb

Post by hharb »

i have the exact same problem, old owner swapped tranny and i was missing the vacum line, i replaced it thinking it's gonna work, but it never did...
PurpleDinosaur

Post by PurpleDinosaur »

[hijack]

My cruise works - but oddly. Only the lower button on the wheel (the set/cruise button) works... the other button (resume / accel) button does no work and there appears to be no switch hooked to it: the bottom button clicks and has a notable "actuation point" feeling to it whereas the upper buttong seems to be sloid - no movement - no actuation - no nothing.

I guess half a cruise s better than no cruise...

Anyone else seen this?

[/hijack]

we now return you to the original "Cruise Control Does Not Work" Thread.

-Barney
93 GS SE
exile84

Post by exile84 »

I have a 92 GS and swapped it from a MTX to an ATX and my cruise worked before the swap, and now it does not....when i did the swap, there were some sensors on the manual tranny that i could not hook up. The harnesses had different connectors......maybe that's why??
blackops032
BANNED Member

Post by blackops032 »

i dont think it will work without some work
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

blackops032 wrote:i dont think it will work without some work
oh really!?

thats really constructive
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

PurpleDinosaur wrote:[hijack]

My cruise works - but oddly. Only the lower button on the wheel (the set/cruise button) works... the other button (resume / accel) button does no work and there appears to be no switch hooked to it: the bottom button clicks and has a notable "actuation point" feeling to it whereas the upper buttong seems to be sloid - no movement - no actuation - no nothing.

I guess half a cruise s better than no cruise...

Anyone else seen this?

-Barney
help for the hijacker - I have a 1992 body electrical troubleshooting manual that came with my shop manual. I was planning on scanning in the 17 page cruise control section tonight... but I'm not sure how to get them on here...I guess I could just email the file once i finish scanning it to whoever needs it?

I think it has the answer to your one button not working problem

[/hijack]

we now return you to the original "Cruise Control Does Not Work" Thread.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I'd like a copy of that as well. My shop manual is a 94 for my RS.. but I have a sneaking suspicion that I will find my cruise control doesnt work on my GS when I finally get it out for a test run after this MTX swap.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

tunes I've always wondered - it says you have a 1992 mazda mx3 but do you have more than one mx-3??? and why are you using a 94 book for your 92... the interior stuff is all different including cruise control buttons and such... :roll:
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I have 3 MX-3's. 2 92 GS cars and one 94 RS. The RS was my first.. the other 2 came along as deals I couldnt pass up on.. unfortunately.. both the GS cars are (were) ATX cars. The first one.. my project.. has 92k miles and is now a 5spd. Amoungst other projects... you can see most of the stuff I did in my work log. The second GS has a blown ATX.. my original intent was to put the good ATX into that car and sell it.. but then I managed to wait a bit and picked the car up for $250 and decided I'd rather use it as a parts car.. now it will end up being traded for body work on my project GS. But I am still getting parts from it :) Long confusing story of 3 MX-3's ;) The RS is my DD for the time being until my project is road worthy. :)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Also.. sorry for the thread hijack.. I can say however that I am in the same boat and eventually.. this will be a problem I will tackle and solve. I just havent quite reached this portion of my project yet.. But I will figure it out sooner rather than later ;) They dont call me Mr. Meticulous for nothin ;) LOL

Tunes67

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”