klze 2.5 v6 with out power, like a 4cyl would kill me ..HELP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ryzer02

klze 2.5 v6 with out power, like a 4cyl would kill me ..HELP

Post by Ryzer02 »

well here is the story i bought a 92 mx3 from some guy for 500 i later found out that it had the 2.5 v6 klze in it, i did my research and found out i had a pretty sick ride. so i did all the body work, completly re did the interior from a 95 painted it and sent it to the shop for safety. i get back a list a page long like little stuff i knew about, but the car is sooo slow. i thought it might be the cat because the car has 383 *** on it {i re did the exaust up to the cat with a greddy exaust} the engine purrrs fires up fist shot idls at around 5wich might be a little low. i changed the plugs and wires and the plugs were gaped at 5and a bit which im sure is to big. i need help is it my timing?, the cat ?i need sugestions baddly because im about to blow it up and clame insurance...lol thx everyone
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Hmm, any smoke coming out of the exhaust? White, blue? if so that can be a sign of something going on. Make sure that all vacuum connections are hooked up correctly. Do you also know what ECU the car has? It is located under the dash below the stereo area, may wanna check that out.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Good suggestions above. Also, check for codes. Ten and ground in the diag. box with a test light, it will blink, you record the blinks and tell us what is sais. More info on pulling codes on a ZE can be found with a search.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Ryzer02

Post by Ryzer02 »

well the ecu that is there is from the 1.8 v6 i have another spare lieing around that i pulled out of a newer 1.8 but do i need a different one for the klze ?

also there isn't any smoke comming formt he exaust and it has real goood pressure , it is really loud tho but it could just be the tip. the cat does have 383694km on it could that be it.?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Ryzer02 wrote:well the ecu that is there is from the 1.8 v6 i have another spare lieing around that i pulled out of a newer 1.8 but do i need a different one for the klze ?

also there isn't any smoke comming formt he exaust and it has real goood pressure , it is really loud tho but it could just be the tip. the cat does have 383694km on it could that be it.?
As for ECU's, if you have a ZE then you may want to run a KL31 or KL36 ecu (there are some on eBay right now) or a chipped K8 ecu. A KLDE ecu and KLDE VAF may also work. Yea your cat could be clogged as well, that could slow you down abit, I see your from Toronto so I dont think you can run without one. But if you have a loud exhaust with all the cats and mufflers in then the cat is probably clogged. What kind of fuel mileage are you getting?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

There are tons of MXers in Canada. Get together with some of them and let them take a look at your car. It is much easier to diagnose problems first hand rather than over the internet.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
PurpleDinosaur

Post by PurpleDinosaur »

PATDIESEL wrote:There are tons of MXers in Canada. Get together with some of them and let them take a look at your car. It is much easier to diagnose problems first hand rather than over the internet.
^ Best advice yet!
93 GS SE
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Ever done a compression test?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

Did it run fine when you first received the car?

Are your brake calipers stuck?

Are your spark plug wires going to the correct cylinders?

Replace or clean your air filter?

Has your fuel filter been changed?
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
midrange

Post by midrange »

same thing happened to a buddy of mine.. His car had a bigger motor swapped in, but his acceloration slowed down.. We messed for hours and hours.. checked wiring over and over.. tried to find it.. no luck what so ever...
Gave up..

Next day, started again, and finally found out it was the timing out only by one tooth on the cam pullies.. Changed it and suddenly had tons of power..

G' Luck.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

look in the toronto section of this forum and get out to a meet sometime and we will look at your car
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

timpronk wrote:Did it run fine when you first received the car?

Are your brake calipers stuck?

Are your spark plug wires going to the correct cylinders?

Replace or clean your air filter?

Has your fuel filter been changed?
hey you..were are the pics from the sauga meet?
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Ryzer02

Post by Ryzer02 »

thankx alot everyone u have been much help it was running a kl01 computer abd u had a spare k8 hanging around so i threw it in and i felt a difference but its still not enough forsure this thing should fly and it still feels slow im goign to check the timing tomorrow because i hope that is it but to awnser ur questions yes my rear passanger caliper were siezed and the wheel bearing was shot so i changed and replaced all the pads and rotors now i don't feel a large slow down when i shift in to N i have changed the airfilter my plugs and wires are fine i think its my timing.

two more question tho do i have to chip my k8 or will it run fine with out it chipped , and after i changed my computer the idle dedided to rev its self to 1500 when i start it but after it warms up every thing is gravy{ anyone know what the deal with that is}
Sal

Post by Sal »

yeah man you need your k8 ecu chipped or replaceing with the kl31 or 36 ecu. or else you wont get the proper performance from your engine, proper airflow, gas etc.... so yeah..
93 ZE curve neck, kl36 ecu, apex lowring springs tokico struts front and rear upper strut bars and a CAI.. still building!!
Ryzer02

Post by Ryzer02 »

how would i go about finding a chip for my k8 or another computer such as the kl31 or the kl36 Dealer ship? ... :?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”