is there a turbo kit for the 1.5 DOHC?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
IRISHmx-3

Post by IRISHmx-3 »

I want to put in a BPT in september but im just wondering is there a turbo kit out there for my car as it stands
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

There isn't a 1.5L DOHC that I know of...

No, there is not a turbo kit for the 1.6L DOHC that I know of; however, all of the parts are readily available such as turbo exhaust manifolds.....
I could be wrong though. There might be one somewhere. I haven't looked into it a whole lot. It's not really a big deal though. Just order all of the parts for it. importperformanceparts.net has several of the parts you would need. I'm sure someone is going to correct me and say there is a kit, but, that is why I said "that I know of".
Last edited by Custom_V6_Limited_SE on April 24th, 2007, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
IRISHmx-3

Post by IRISHmx-3 »

and should the parts from the 1.6 fit mine?
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

the Jap Mx-3s nd some of the Euro MX-3s DID come with the 1.5L DOHC.

Supposed to be a stronger engine than the B6 and almost as good as the BP as far as power goes.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

I learn something new every day :) I'm guessing the 1.5L is the same as the B6/BP engines except for smaller pistons?
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
hharb

Post by hharb »

niiice 1.5, i almost made fun of the poor guy, well thats something i learned today :D
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Custom_V6_Limited_SE wrote:No, there is not a turbo kit for the 1.6L DOHC that I know of; however, all of the parts are readily available such a turbo exhaust manifolds
Just need the B6T parts, those work, do they not?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Custom_V6_Limited_SE wrote:No, there is not a turbo kit for the 1.6L DOHC that I know of; however, all of the parts are readily available such a turbo exhaust manifolds
Just need the B6T parts, those work, do they not?
I would say yes. Head is supposed to be the same on the 1.5 and 1.6
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

Corksport sells the 323 GTX Turbo manifolds that would bolt up to the 1.5 all else you would need is vj-11 or (vj-14-Recommended) turbo, intercooler, intercooler tubing, BOV, injectors , Fuel managment (SAFC or FMU) Oil feed/return line's, Custom down pipe, Boost Gauge. Maybe a fuel pump depending on Expected HP. I put together this kit for under Us. $1,000.00 At 7-8 LBS neted about 200-210 HP, Would be a little bit more on the 1.5l.
Apexi Safc 2 ,Timex Boost-Temp-Oil Gauges, Stage 1 Performance clutch, 8.5 mm Magnacore plug Wires,2.5 inch exhaust, Cold Air Intake , Short Shifter , High temp rotors & Ceramic pads to slow it all down !
IRISHmx-3

Post by IRISHmx-3 »

she will deffo stick it to a 1.6 anyway!
IRISHmx-3

Post by IRISHmx-3 »

ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) wrote:Corksport sells the 323 GTX Turbo manifolds that would bolt up to the 1.5 all else you would need is vj-11 or (vj-14-Recommended) turbo, intercooler, intercooler tubing, BOV, injectors , Fuel managment (SAFC or FMU) Oil feed/return line's, Custom down pipe, Boost Gauge. Maybe a fuel pump depending on Expected HP. I put together this kit for under Us. $1,000.00 At 7-8 LBS neted about 200-210 HP, Would be a little bit more on the 1.5l.
any chance you know where i should go to get this stuff?
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

The B5-ZE is identical to the B6-DE except for the Stroke. The stroke and bore are the same dimensions 78mm X 78mm. Also the B5 has slightly more aggressive cams. Unlike most of Mazda's other engines which are usually over rated like the BP when Mazda was sued for advertizing the HP a lot higher than they really produced the B5-ZE in the '97-'98 AZ-3 Presso was actually under rated and made more power than advertised. This is actually the most produced version of the B series engines as it the used in all the B, C, D and E chassis from the mid 80's to the mid '90s. It was also one of the most used Mazda engines in motorsport next to the rotary, in many parts of the world outside of North America. At one time there was an on-line club called the (B5 Club) that dedicated itself to motorsport mods to this engine most of the members were Asia with a few Aussie, Kiwis, S. Africans and some europeans. Unfortunately the club and website disappeared about 3 years ago and was most active between 1999 and 2001.

All the turbo hardware for a B6T will work fine but everything being equal the B5-ZE with a the same boost as a stock B6T. There was a kit made in South Africa for use in the 323 and 121/Demio with the same engine in the early-Mid 90's but the manufacture had discontinued it when they were contacted in 2000 and would not put it back into production because they had newer more profitable products that was taking up most of there production capacity at the time. Like many others you have come onto the 323/ MX-3 scene a few years to late.
IRISHmx-3

Post by IRISHmx-3 »

cool info man! fair play!

heres one for ye though im in europe
and were right hand drive and in the us ye are left hand! can i get a manifold off the us sites for the car? or will it be different?
nickmx3

Post by nickmx3 »

if u get a manifold for a bpt/gtx its off a righthand drive car so you dont have to worry about that. when i got my swap done i had to use the down pipe off the gtx/bpt to match the bottom of the turbo you will have to do the same or get a totally custom down pipe made by a muffler shop.
1995 J-Spec Az3, BPT swap, mazda speed eibach springs, mazda speed swaybars, mazda speed exhaust, mazda speed shock tower bar, mazda speed bodykit, sr shocks, disk-brakes all around,turbox boost controler, honda del sol act pressure plate, fmic 20x12x3
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

nickmx3 wrote:if u get a manifold for a bpt/gtx its off a righthand drive car so you dont have to worry about that. when i got my swap done i had to use the down pipe off the gtx/bpt to match the bottom of the turbo you will have to do the same or get a totally custom down pipe made by a muffler shop.
but hes not gonna get one from a BPT, if he does it wont fit, he needs one for a B6T and it wont matter left or right hand drive when it comes to the manifold

the older 323 GT-X has a B6T engine, only the later ones had the BPT, just so no one gets confused when we say GT-X manifold, there are two, one for the 1.6 and one for the 1.8
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “Forced Induction”