Brullen Cat Back

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
SimpleNClean

Brullen Cat Back

Post by SimpleNClean »

Hey everyone, I have a brullen catback exhaust for sale. The system uses all the original hanger locations, so its practically a bolt on system (custom fit). Mandrel bent pipes, single 3 inch tip or 3 1/2 (i can't remember). If anyone's interested, let me know, i'm in the toronto area. Don't have a pic, but if you were at the 2000 mx-3 meet in sauga, you woulda seen me.
tonguefreek

Re: Brullen Cat Back

Post by tonguefreek »

how much you asking?
SimpleNClean

Post by SimpleNClean »

I've had it since the summer of 2000. I got it a week before the meet in sauga. Actually my car's pics are in the gallery, but there aren't any pics of it from the back. I have some pics of my own, but don't have any where you can clearly see the exhaust. But its a round polished tip. When its clean, it stands out. Well, thats what my friends tells me, when they're behind me. It has a deep, low growl, type sound especially with the DOHC V6 engine. Love going through them underpasses<p>http://www.mx-3.com/meets/miss3/<p>I bought it for $800 cdn, I'm not sure how much used exhausts go for. But email me a reasonable offer.
SimpleNClean

Post by SimpleNClean »

Is it possible that everyone already has a custom cat back? <p>well, I dug out some info and came up with a price. I'm asking for $300 or best offer.
Gkreator

Post by Gkreator »

I just had my muffler put on today and asked the shop how much for a new cat. They quoted me $290 USD. (Labor and all).<p>Why would anyone want to pay $300 CND plus shipping and Labor to have a used one installed???<p>Does this include the resistors? I would be willing to pay $150 USD tops.
Dave Hyatt
94 Teal MX-3 RS 5 Speed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gkreator_inside (New Pics!)
chance

Post by chance »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gkreator:
I just had my muffler put on today and asked the shop how much for a new cat. They quoted me $290 USD. (Labor and all).<p>Why would anyone want to pay $300 CND plus shipping and Labor to have a used one installed???<p>Does this include the resistors? I would be willing to pay $150 USD tops.<hr></blockquote><p>A catback doesn't even come with a cat. Hence the name, it everthing from the cat back.
SimpleNClean

Post by SimpleNClean »

Don't mean to insult anyone's intelligence here. $300 cdn was just a figure that the majority of the people in the greater toronto area would agree with, thats all. I wasn't taking into consideration shipping costs. Any decent mechanic would charge you an hours worth of labour tops since its just a custom fit bolt on. And to clarify, what i'm selling is the exhaust and the piping. And as Chance said, the piping is from the catalytic converter and back (thanks Chance). Hope this clears up any misconceptions. <p>IamCanadian: I'm trying to get my friend's digital camera for ya so I can take some pics. I have 2 rear pics of my ride, but shadows in the background are slightly blocking the view of the exhaust. I'll post those up soon.
MX-3 Lover

Post by MX-3 Lover »

You have mail<p>Mat
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

i think its a great deal
i would take it but i just replaced my stock exuast acouple months ago
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
SimpleNClean

Post by SimpleNClean »

Hey everyone, I just got myself a digital camera, so pics w ill be up very shortly for all to see.
SimpleNClean

Post by SimpleNClean »

Hey everyone, I have pics, yes I repeat, I do have pics now. The only thing is I don't know how to upload the pics onto the ubb. So if you want to see them, either someone tell me how haha, or give me your email and I'll send them to you.<p>Regards,
Newton
SimpleNClean

Post by SimpleNClean »

fyi the tip is actually 4 inches. I just measured it. thanks

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”