New disty, same part number as original but very different?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3biotch

New disty, same part number as original but very different?

Post by mx3biotch »

Hey guys, so my car still isn't running... still can't figure it out, so I'm trying a new distributor. I have a KLZE. I ordered a distributor for a 94 1.8L V6 mx3, is that right? Because when it came in today, I went to put it in, and while the part numbers are the same they look completely different!!!

Plus, i cant install this one because there's no casing to keep the dust and moister out from the insides of the disty. there's a cap, but the sides are left wide open because unlike the one on my car now, there's no housing... its hard to explain, but i went back to the parts store and they called the ppl who make the disty and they said i need a dust cover and wire harness to make it work?

so we ordered that and it should be here tomorrow so if anyone could help me and suggest something tonight before i put it all on my car and am unable to return 400 dollars worth of parts that'd be awesome!!

Dannielle...
94 GS, J-spec KLZE, KL31 ECU, KL31 Cams, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel/Clutch, Custom CAI with K&N, NGK Plugs/Wires, Phenolic Thermoblock Spacers, Custom Magnaflow 2" Exhaust, Custom Titanium Paint, Carbon Fiber Altezzas, 16" Miata Wheels, Crossed Drilled Rotors w/Silver Calipers, Tint, Ground Control/Tockiko Suspension, Ground Control Rear Strut Bar, 6 Point Roll Cage, Corbeau CR2 Seats, Sparco 3 Point Harness, MOMO steering wheel/drifting e-brake/shifter, mx3 door sills/pedals, Carbon Fiber dash inserts, Silver vinyl door insterts, JBL power series 6.5" front components/4x6 rear components, 4 channel amp, infinity 10" self powered sub, JVC 2.5" DVD/Mp3 Player.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

That is wierd, post some pics of what the disty came with and then the pics of the new parts. I've not ever seen one that needed "extra" parts to keep it sealed.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i'd be interested to see what the heck it looks like, but it sounds like the wrong gear to me... if it costs that much anyway, why are you ordering it instead of going to autozone or something for half that price and getting exactly what you need? i dont think i'd bother to try and make this work

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”