Cutting out power might be something major!PLS HELP

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Red_MX3_92

Cutting out power might be something major!PLS HELP

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

Hey guys, i'm starting to give up hope on my mx3, its like shes slowly dieing on me and i just put a newer engine into in about 3 weeks ago. 95 1.6 DOHC with a 94 1.6 DOHC.

Whats going on is sometime the idle doesn't work properly, when at idle in park (5spd) i tap on the gas and it doesn do anything for a milisecond and the the rpms go up and then down to 200 and back up...

But whats when i drove it for the past 3 weeks when i accelerate it kinda cuts up on me esspecially when in first and second make it squeel the tires sometime, and when i downshifted a few time earlier there was an annoying rattle in the exhaust after the cat in the cherrybomb looking muffler b4 the actual muffler so i replaced that yesterday it another older one i had around from the last mx3 and put on my fartbomb aswell it sounded nice and worked properly for a while till in the same thing happened gain the cherry bomb muffler thing there was rattling when i downshifted.

and today when i went to out for a coffee it was really bad it was shaking the interior a bit when the engine got a little warmer and the cutting out was unbelievable and consistant. so i made the decision to not take it out till i know what is going on with it because i don't want the engine to die on me somewhere or finish the engine completly, so i lied down and almost cryed a little and then came on here to ask you guys for your help because this is my car to get me to school each day, and yes i have school through the summer. sorry for making this so long but i just wanted you guys to get everything in detail so you guys would possibly help me. I assume that the rattling is something like fuel or oil running through and kinda clogging the exhaust a bit and thats whats causing it to cut out but lets here you opinions on this one because i put a lot of heart and soul into this car and i love it and i still want to keep it. thanks a bunch!
95 B6DE 5spd H @ R lowering springs, custom exhaust, 5 spoke noname rims, gtr wing, short shift, alpine mrd 1000 amp, 2 15" ma audio subs, panasonic deck, JBL front speakers AND A BLOWN ENGINE!:(
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

if the engine is cutting out it could be (others please agree or disagree):
1. Mass Air flow meter (or vaf) is bad or bad wiring
2. Idle air control is leaking, or is stuck, or sensor is bad
3. not enough fuel supply at higher rpm
4. air leak. Not enough air at higher rpm.

question. -> do you have a check engine light? or have you check to see if you have any pending engine codes?
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

but the problem is at low rpms tho most of the time
95 B6DE 5spd H @ R lowering springs, custom exhaust, 5 spoke noname rims, gtr wing, short shift, alpine mrd 1000 amp, 2 15" ma audio subs, panasonic deck, JBL front speakers AND A BLOWN ENGINE!:(
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

theres no check engine light, and i havn't checked and codes yet.
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

ok i called the machanic and he said it might be the tranny so i'm going to stop by there and check it out and let you guys know what they think.
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

In that case i tried looking around but is the 92 SOHC tranny the same as my 95 DHCO tranny i dunno what kind they are, i believe the clutch in a little smaller than the DOHC tranny.
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

ok the guy said that its the clutch grabing or somthing like that, he said one of the springs on the pressureplate went or somthing screwed up and thats whats causing the cutting out, but can you guys help me explain what that has to do with the exhaust rattling? or what that could be its the thing after the cat the mini muffler b4 the actual muffler.
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

bump
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

bump
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

bump

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”