ferrea valve train or just do the de setup

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

ferrea valve train or just do the de setup

Post by Kirk95gs »

Well I dont know what to do.. I can get a a SPRINGS, TINATIUM RETAINERS , & VALVE LOCATORS from ferrea for 800.00CDN shipped, Which I think is a good deal.. but a lot of money for valve train... Or should I just swant the de valve retainers/springs into the ze???

any input???
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Depends on what your doing with the engine. If your are building a full blown boosted race engine.. you'd be wise to get the best valve train components you can find. If your building a reliable daily driver.. the DE parts are more than sufficient.. especially if your getting them new.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

where are you getting the ferrea stuff for 800.00 cdn shipped?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i got custom ones made for my kfze awhile back fromManley Performance and i believe i pad right around 550 for just a set of over sized
street series valves
Stainless Steel ( XH-424 Exhaust and NK-841 Intake )
- Chrome Stems and Hard Tips
- Swirl Polished and Fully Machined
- Street Master ( Straight Stem ) and Street Flo Shapes Available
http://www.manleyperformance.com/

top it off with heat treated oem valve springs (stiffens them some)

and kl valve retainers

the setup ran great, and man you could hear the valves opening and closing we 1st thought there was a problem cause it was so loud, but after more confrimation and the fact it was running great we just figured thats how it was soposed to sound, there were other things done as well as p&p and a more agressive 3 angle job

but yea when i build the de for boosting i will be deffinetly going an aftermarket valve train, more than likely interpreps setup
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Well I wanted to keep my budget around 500-600$ for the valve train. I will be getting it p+p while I have it appart but I am not sure if I should over size the ports or not... Does it make that much of a diffrents??

I have e-mailed interprep like 3 times in two weeks with no answer. Cause thats what I was going to go with. I have a Friend that can get the ferrea valve train for less. He works at a machine shop.

I want to run boost (5-10psi) at one point or another...It wont be this winter maybe... maybe next... depends on how much I spend on this motor..
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i would atleast get them port match with the square runner ze intakes since it is slightly larger you'll increase airflow, which is good :)

Interprep are slow to get a hold of on email, last time i contacted them i ended up just calling there number, use some of those cell phone free mins :)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Well I got in contact with interprep.

"Hi Kris,
We have valve springs for $174.00 plus shipping. For your KLZE setup you would need to change out the intake upper retainers to the KL03 type (KLZE exhaust and KL03 intake and exhaust are the same).
Mazda have superceded the KL03 retainers to the new which also requires keepers.
12- new style retainers $61.20
24- new style keepers $139.20
Call to order 716.483.6287 eastern time
Thanks"

Thats more in my price rang. So I think all I need to get is a set of new kl03, Mellenia or mx-6 intake upper retainers. and get the rest of the valve train from interprep ..
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

sounds like a good deal, take pics when you get ready to do everything :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”