Yo guyz need help Asap!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!! my car is diein

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
hondaeater!

Yo guyz need help Asap!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!! my car is diein

Post by hondaeater! »

Hey guys whats up im a lovein mx-3 sohc love and im about to put a 100 shot on it but the other day it rain like a f---ing hurricane down here in florida(kissimmee) and i had to drive thru it and when i was drivin i dont kno but my car wont rev past 3000rpms i dont kno why and its pissin me off cuz it happens even when im driven and when im driven and i do try to hit 3000rpms it starts jerkin and the ppetal goes soft i dont kno what the f--- is the problem some one please help!!!!!!!!!! ps my car has plenty of modes heres a list of a few please tell me if this could affect my car

1992 sohc
cai
msd(al)
blaster coil(2)
fuel pump reg.
and much more please help
1992 sohc coming soon bp swap!!!1
Skuce

Post by Skuce »

Sounds like your car found out about the 100 shot you were going to cram down it's throat and it's saying "Hells No" right now.
Drew
'95 EGT 1.8
T
'93 ELX 1.9 SC
'91 ELX 1.9
macwarrior

Post by macwarrior »

So you're planning on putting in a nitrous system, but you don't know enough about the engine to diagnose the current problem.

(a) go to the guy who you get to install your aftermarket parts
(b) go to another mechanic
(c) there is no other option

Also, forget about the damn N2O. If the only upgrades you have in your car are a CAI, pump and some electricals, I'd worry about how well your (15-year-old) engine will handle nitrous. Have you even gotten the engine cleaned and/or rebuilt before trying this?
hondaeater!

Post by hondaeater! »

no i havent but im thinkin about goin wit a 75 or 50 shot what yall think yea your right guys about the problems but i fixed it :D and i did all my sutff myself yea maybe thats why im havin problem but the probelm was my tps cuz im guessin it got really wet and thanks for yall advice and what esle could i do to my sohc to make it good a lil faster cuz im beat most civics out here (not all of them jus a few)
1992 sohc coming soon bp swap!!!1
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

Screw all that nitrous shyt. If you wanna kill more Hondas, you should drop in a BP. The BP's got more power to begin with (88 with the SOHC, around 130 with the BP), and you'll probably end up saving LOADS of money that way. There's only so much you can do with the stock SOHC motor, unless of course you wanna drop like 5-10 grand into it. Just a thought...
93 MX-3 BP - Worklog

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”