changed fuel filter and now it wont turn over please help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Suresperance

changed fuel filter and now it wont turn over please help

Post by Suresperance »

as the title states i changed the fuel filter because my ZE was running alittle rough and now the car wont turn over. it might be the started im going now to the storage area to grab on of my spare ones. please if any one else has an idea please tell me
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

Won't turn over as in the starter isn't turning the engine over or it just isn't getting spark or no fuel?, we need more info to say what it could be.

My ZE had a starting issue the past couple of day's, it would randomly start but sometimes it wouldn't even turn the engine over. I thought right away it was the starter hitting a dead spot but i messed around with some wires and it was a ground by the distributer :) .
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

starter isnt turning the engine over. i turn the key and there is nothing no sounds nothing moves. thats it. every thing is dinging all the lights are on tried jumping it so i know its not battery related.
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
MoRf

Post by MoRf »

there is a little black wire that connects to the starter, make sure the connection on the starter is good and that the wire is grounded. you may have just disconnected it when you changed your filter. i had the same problem with mine when i had the engine out.
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

every thing is hooked up to the started and every thing is grounded good. im going to pull the starter tom and take it to advanced auto to have them test it.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Good idea, you could also hotwire the starter to see if it will turn over. If not you know it is the starter. All you do is put the key in the "on" position and then put one end of a wire to the positive of the battery and the other end to the starter silinoid. If it cranks your problem is not the starter, but somewhere between the key and the starter.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

okay WOW my buddy was messing around in the car ... and he removed the security chip (aftermarket memory card size thing the car wont start with out) and he never told me. i found out today every thing is good motor is solid. starter is a okay
MoRf

Post by MoRf »

haha thats awesome :lol: dident cost ya dime.
from what i hear our starters are quite tough.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”