wheel bearing of costly repairs...

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
maxspeed

wheel bearing of costly repairs...

Post by maxspeed »

ok ever since i bought my car. i have replaced the 2 front wheel bearings and a couple months after i get a whrring noise. so i decided to replace the 2 front wheel bearings again >_< while changing a set of inner and outer tie rods, ball joints along with an alignment.. another couple months after the freakin noise comes back to haunt me :( .. i dont get it... are these wheel bearings mazda designed meant to break at a fast rate or my spindles (or knuckles) warped out of perfection causing the bearings to break.. when i had the car first time around nothing was wrong until now.. wheel shakes n everything (over 100km/hr).. i brought the car to the shop again and again.. no changes made. can anyone help me? thanks
hharb

Post by hharb »

WHAT??? dude it must be something else, wheel bearings are something you replace once, or maybe never lol, anyways im not mechanically inclined but i can tell you its not the bearings, its either that they're installed badly so they're breaking so fast or maybe something else is causing them to break. I know i changed mine, with a USED one, with over 200k on it and it works just great.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

is the whirring noise constant or only when turning?

is it possible it's the rims bent or uneven tires?
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

The hubs can go bad and will cause the bearings to warp or break pretty quickly. Basically you have ot ride on a F'd bearing for some time or the bearing needs to fail at the outer race for the hub to get messed up. Get a shop to second your opinion on what is wrong. If it is the bearings, replace the hubs too this time and you should be fine. Used hubs from a MX that has not had the bearings changed, but still has a good bearing is what I would look for.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
maxspeed

Post by maxspeed »

i took a look at it today.. the noise was coming from the passenger side.. swear it wasnt a hub/spindle/wheel bearing assembly.. got another opinion from my dad and he said it was coming from the mid drive axle bearing or called a joint drive axle... hmmm i hope those things arent pricey aftermarket... im not even thinking of going to the mazda dealer.. LOL thanks guys

hope u guys are reaching the mazda meet this weekend ^_^
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Probably the axle extension shaft as stated. Need to pull the passenger axle and take the extention into a machine shop to have the new bearing pressed in.
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Find the machine shop first and give them the bearing number from the side of the bearing. Then they call tell you how much it will cost and how long it will take them to get one. Last time I replaced mine it was difficult to find the right bearing.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
m90daytona

Post by m90daytona »

could also be a bad hub. that would be my guess.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”