the road to 400whp! UPDATED 7/13/07

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Jteezy

the road to 400whp! UPDATED 7/13/07

Post by Jteezy »

I dont post on here much but i figured i'd share my 400whp build with you guys here. Here are the most recent pictures, but if you wanna go back and follow the whole build, here is a link to the build from start to finish on club protege.

http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28311

Some of the pictures are showcasing my hid retofit and let me tell you that i will never go back to halogen! all input and suggestions are welcome. I have not forgotten about mx-3.com!!

Well i finally got the car running and healthy besides a few petty things. Its on my own base map on 7psi for now as my daily driver, until i can afford a tune since i dont trust myself yet tuning for 20+ lbs of boost. I actually want to drive the car for awhile conservatively because it is my daily driver and i dont want to push the limits of it yet since i just got it back, so the 400whp isnt priority for a few weeks/months. Im still breaking the engine in and finishing up on my headlight retrofit as you can see by the mismatching shrouds. I'll probably end up doing black shrouds with a red bezel. Another thing i want to mention is the megasquirt system and the builder of it. So far, the wasted spark system is working great on my car with our stock CAS (cam angle sendor or disty). I had my speed bumps with the megasquirt but Jacob Russell gave me top notch support when i needed it, we both learned a few new things along the way. For now i'll be driving the car, installing the a/c (yes sir its summer in florida), helping Brook(bp boostin) finish his bad a-- 323, and prepping everything for d-day. Hopefully i can get some great results from this subzero cryo, as im sure i will. Sorry about the life story, just figured i'd give everyone a thorough update and explanation. Enough talk, here are the pics. The car is filthy dirty and so is the engine bay, i will take more pics with my new camera this weekend when i detail it. Enjoy

Last edited by Jteezy on July 13th, 2007, 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

more pics

Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

last 2

hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

:2thumbsup: I like it man, your mx looks bad-a-- with the front all cut out, showing off that intercooler :twisted: nice work!
:)
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

wow that mx-3 looks vicious! are you planning on keeping the front bumper that way? I think the big trapezoid hole would look cool if you had the gs lip connecting... but I'm guessing you needed it that way for the intercooler to fit (it's huge)...

keep up the work on the projectors - I'm glad somebody else out there realizes the value and quality of HID!! I never want to go back either! (although I'm still using stock mx-3 housings:cry: )

anyways, sick ride dude! :2thumbsup: I love your ride! :love:
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

haha, thanks guys i appreciate all the positive feedback. I cut the bumper due to fitment issues with my new intercooler. I plan on painting the car in the near future, so more than likely i will either get a new gs bumper or perhaps an aftermarket one eventhough i dont see much that i like. The funny thing is i had 2 gs front lips and they didnt reach so i cut one to fit as you see in the pics, almost like a eunos lip. I'll post up any updates, Peace!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

nice, but the combo of the headlights and intercooler, i now will name your car Alien Al :D
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Looks cool but gives that weird-eyed look due to the diff color headlights.

O_o
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Cute!

KIDDING. Awesome.
Cody
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

looks good
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

looks like friggin transformer haa
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

looks vicious

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

thanks everyone for the love, i should get new pics up soon hopefully.
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

Looks great and mean, keep up the good work. :P
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

very clean car, keep it up
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”