V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
prunn

Post by prunn »

prunn wrote:alright then go for the cutting
mx-6 fit to?
what do you think about this one?
Dark Force
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97-94 ... dZViewItem
I just received the Dark Force mx-6 cai, where do I cut??? anybody have a picture?
thanks
Sal

Post by Sal »

hey, sorry guys its been awhile i know i just called toucan and they stopped making them. both the short ram and CAI for the mx. i dont know who else can make them but you can try direct auto imports or robert thibert both located in quebec. not 100% certain if they sell it but its worth a try. as for vibrant performance dont bother unless you're gonna buy the integra one and just cut it, they absolutely have nothing for our vehicles......hope that helps!!
93 ZE curve neck, kl36 ecu, apex lowring springs tokico struts front and rear upper strut bars and a CAI.. still building!!
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

hey alll well currently im using the hot shot performance set up for a ford probe gt and it works great... gotta love the sound too its great... but iill prob be just getting a new filter its always good to replace it haha... the thing is im looking for a new part from the throttle body to maf and not sure where to get it around brantford
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2197073
prunn

Post by prunn »

I cutted it and it now looks like that
but is that true that the maf have to be horizontal?? mine is vertical at the moment is it for better performance or??
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I just redid my CAI the other day. The rubber grommet tha the L plastic bracket sits in broke so I completely eliminated that and the small piece sticking out for the small vacuum hose.

Since then it has definately been running smoother... I may have had a vacuum leak for a while from the 2 of those attachments and didn't even realize it!

Also I use an AEM water bypass valve about half the way down to make sure I don't suck up any water in wet weather driving (don't want to hydro lock the motor!). I also use a heat shield on the backside of the filter to keep the filter from rubbing the transmission. the plastic shield under the engine protects the other side of the filter from road debris...

My old setup:

old upper intake tube on the right, new on the left:

How I cut the piping to curve:

my new setup with no vacuum lines:
lerutis

Post by lerutis »

Did this yesterday with they Integra kit from ebay.

Works good and it's getting good air in the "box" area down there :)

hehe
golhap27
BANNED Member

Post by golhap27 »

What size do the couplers have to be for the maf. like from pipe to maf and then maf to pipe to connect?
lerutis

Post by lerutis »

From maf to filter you need like 3" .. i warmed my that was included and bend it over :)
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

The stock K8 VAF inlet and outlet size is 3.5" inches. The K8 Throttle body inlet size is 2.75 inches.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”