Oxygen Sensor

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
xTUCK3Rx

Oxygen Sensor

Post by xTUCK3Rx »

My MX-3 needs a new oxygen sensor to pass inspection. I was just wondering if anyone knows about how much this will run me and if I need a specific one for my MX-3. Or if and oxygen sensor will work. If anyone will work I can go pick one up from a junkyard.

-Thanx in advance
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

just go get teh 4 wire one from oreillys autozone napa advance pepboys will cost you about 30-50 you can go get oem but your going to pay ALOT
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
DimaK

Post by DimaK »

oem is NTK, believe it or not i used to work for mazda, and i paid like $80CAN, what year is your car, how do you know that it need O2 for sure, if it's OB1 just short out pins 10 and GRND, and see how many time you Engine ligt flashes, Long flashes are 10's shorts flashes are 1's, and there's alway pause betweeen the codes, if there's only one it will keep on repeaing. 02 sensors are believe are 21(front) and 24(rear) don't take my word for it
Jay72

Post by Jay72 »

DimaK wrote:oem is NTK, believe it or not i used to work for mazda, and i paid like $80CAN, what year is your car, how do you know that it need O2 for sure, if it's OB1 just short out pins 10 and GRND, and see how many time you Engine ligt flashes, Long flashes are 10's shorts flashes are 1's, and there's alway pause betweeen the codes, if there's only one it will keep on repeaing. 02 sensors are believe are 21(front) and 24(rear) don't take my word for it
I'm assuming that's not the price from Mazda... if not, where did you get them so cheap?
'93 GS, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ECU, B&M STS, complete SRD shifter bushings, mx-6 clutch, ZX2 struts, Apex springs... and building...
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

NTK is what he is talking about. Mazda OEM may cost around 150 EACH.. :S ow.. I toughtg my o2s were going. Turns out the cable was disconnected. I got used ones from babybluemx3 by the way and they have been good to me since the kfze.(over 10 months)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”