oils

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
94mx3precidia

oils

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a type of oil that you can put into your car so it cleans the internals of your engine out? Ive heard around that HLA ticking is caused by crud in the HLA's. Also, is it safe to drive with detergent oils?
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
JdawgMx3er

Post by JdawgMx3er »

Marvel Mystery oil may work. Can use it in gas or oil. But I don't know if you should use this stuff in fuel injected cars or not. BUT for in the oil I suppose it would be ok. I use to use it in my Bronco, which was carburated. May wanna read up on it before trying it. I don't wanna be responsible for breakin your car. =p
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Delo 400 oil is a great detergent oil.. was originally developed for Diesel applications and the detergents in the oil become active at lower engine temperatures than other detergent oils. Yes it is safe to run but.. thinking this alone will clean the crud & sludge out of your HLA's is pretty much wishful thinking. The only real way to do a GOOD cleaning job on the HLA's is to take them out of the engine and clean them by hand. Running solvents or "Engine Cleaners" in high mileage engines often does more harm than good. Sorry but there is no cure in a bottle for engine wear and neglect no matter what the TV or Autozone would like you to believe.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

i know there no cure in a bottle, i just wanted to clear up some rumours ive been hearing. Thanks.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

there's "engine flush" you put it in your engine before oil change, run it for 5 minutes and replace oil/filter.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

what does engine flush do? just remove carbon deposits?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

The engine flush stuff often does more harm than good. It will remove varnish and sludge.. but sometimes you want the varnish to remain where it is. Especially in high mileage engines. Varnish builds up at the top of cylinders and helps prevent blow by. Blow by is a condition where oil gets past the oil control rings as the engine wears. It also allows cylinder pressure past the rings and into the crank case. When this occurs... oil gets past the PCV and you start getting a lot of oil in the intake. Lots of people "Fix" this issue with a fuel filter catch can in line from the PCV to the intake. But its not correcting the real issue which is worn rings. If you run a engine flush and remove the varnish at the top of the cylinders.. your blow by will increase and you will burn more oil.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”