XS Power headers?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Whisper

XS Power headers?

Post by Whisper »

Yeah, my alleged SSautochrome headers from SSautochrome came in. First of all, no invoice. WTF? I mean, I know the SS isn't much better than the real Nazi equivalent when it comes to dealing with people, but come on! I have the order info printed out, though, so it's not a total loss.

But what's this? The header is labeled with XS Power tag, and next to the SS, Inc. on the box it has http://www.xs-power.com , and the box itself has XS Power logo all over it. I did not expect that. I was expecting maybe an OBX tag, but this is the first time I hear of XS Power. Not that SSauto is known for making quality products or anything, so maybe it's not a bad thing.

Anyone know of XS Power?

I mean the headers look legit, decently welded. Everything is there. The fork is welded on crooked, but that's not a hard fix. Other than that, I've no way of finding out the true quality of this product until I've had it on for a bit.

Will get it coated and hope it lasts...
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Post some pics of the install process.
Cody
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Won't be for another week or so.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I thinm kine also had the same tag, they work the same..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
cstott282

Post by cstott282 »

yeah now that i think of it mine might have too... i know when i installed mine tho one of the flanges didnt lign up right so i had to cut it off and reweld it
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Ah, alright. Thanks.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Probably a drop shipper.

Or a spare box.
Red Rocket

Post by Red Rocket »

maybe they arent the same company, but modified mag did a story on counterfit/knockoff parts and XS-power was one of the mentioned companies. It was a turbo and the compressor housing was made by 2 diiferent companies with a very bad weld job. Anyway they werent impressed. Hope this isnt the case though let us know how they work out for you.
[*url=http:cardomain.com/ride/2632839]My Cardomain Page[/url*]
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Custommx3 wrote:Probably a drop shipper.

Or a spare box.
There's an XS Power tag welded onto the pipe. I'm guessing they're the ones who "made" the headers.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Red Rocket wrote:maybe they arent the same company, but modified mag did a story on counterfit/knockoff parts and XS-power was one of the mentioned companies. It was a turbo and the compressor housing was made by 2 diiferent companies with a very bad weld job. Anyway they werent impressed. Hope this isnt the case though let us know how they work out for you.
Even if it's not, I'm sure it still applies. From what I hear, SSauto turbos are horrible, lack necessary parts, and fall apart when gently touched by a toddler. The company is crap, and the only reason to buy their Probe headers is because thankfully their design was stolen from someone who actually knew what they were doing. So unless they screw up the welds, it should be a decent product.

Anyway, we'll see. If it turns out I've wasted my money, at least I'll know I did so that you won't have to. 8)
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Definitely let us know how the test fit goes. Give me a holler if you need a tool or another set of hands. If you can bolt the headers onto the engine while the engine is on a stand (what I did) its much easier to install the engine with the headers attached. :D Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

I got the same box when i ordered from SSautochrome. Everything looks fine to me and they fit. I did what tunes67 suggested, test fitted while still on the stand. I haven't got around to installing the engine yet, but so far so good. However, there is no welded on tag...just bare pipes.

Fitted on a KL engine.

THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
1990 BG8P Protege LX - KLZE - Race Preped - #98 SM - SCCA Solo2

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”