Car shakes....need help!

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
cckamikaze

Car shakes....need help!

Post by cckamikaze »

I got a 93 mx3 and my car is fine in park and on th eroad however it shakes when I came to a stop while still in drive. Any suggestions on what to check besides mounts, tune-up or struts. My guess is that it has something to do with the fuel system of some sort. Please leave any suggestions :D
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It is either your trans going bad or you have a broken engine mount would be my guess.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
coindex

Re: Car shakes....need help!

Post by coindex »

cckamikaze wrote:I got a 93 mx3 and my car is fine in park and on th eroad however it shakes when I came to a stop while still in drive. Any suggestions on what to check besides mounts, tune-up or struts. My guess is that it has something to do with the fuel system of some sort. Please leave any suggestions :D
The fuel system wouldn't make your car shake. What type of shake does your car do? Is it the whole car that shakes? Your brake pedal shake? If it is your whole car on stopping, it could also be something with your axle assemblies also, or your bushings in your front end.
hharb

Post by hharb »

could be you idle too, i guess.
Devan

Post by Devan »

you say its only really noticeable when your stopping ...

How heavy is your foot in the brakes? ... If you braked really hard even once there is a chance that you warped the rotors ... which is giving you a shake/shudder when your stopping ... worth checking out i guess ..

good luck

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”