B6 exhaust manifold

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
xmaster19

B6 exhaust manifold

Post by xmaster19 »

Ok I know the 1.6 SOHC engine from 92-93 mx-3's run a header type exhaust manifold. I have a B5-ZE, it run's a cast exhaust manifold, like the one you would find on a 1.8 SOHC/1.6 DOHC/1.8 DOHC engine. But B6 manifolds bolt to the B5 head.

Would I see any benefit from running one of those tubular manifolds, or is it useless? I'm planning on forced induction later down the road, but for now I'm looking at easy and cheap HP, so a real header is out of the question. Thx for help.
92 MX-3 RS RIP

94 MX-3 RS Black
Project car, hybrid B5-ZET build-up.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

If your going to do forced induction down the road I would not bother with it. You will not get eye popping results so I would just set the money aside you saved from this to get a turbo/SC setup faster.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
xmaster19

Post by xmaster19 »

I can get the manifold for free. And I have most of my turbo setup already, just waiting for winter to plant it. I just wanted to know if I could get any benefit from running one of these. I really have to make my n/a setup the fastest possible, I want to do some drag runs and be able to get decent time out of my small displacement mill...
92 MX-3 RS RIP

94 MX-3 RS Black
Project car, hybrid B5-ZET build-up.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

the 4-1 header from the B6-ME will not bolt up to ur B5-ZE. reason why different bolt patterns. unlike honda, mazda didn't make them pretty much all the same exhaust bolt patterns. suks but oh well. i know i tried that 4-5 years ago and it didn't work out. what ur tring to do. i was trying to put a cast manifold on teh B6-ME.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”