I always wondered..

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Princess*Precidia

I always wondered..

Post by Princess*Precidia »

Since i never wanted to actually try it and see how long it would take my car to run outta gas..

I wondered...Once your Gas light comes on, how many more Km/Miles can you get on your car before it totally dies on you..

Sorry if this has been posted before, just curious.

:D
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

I enjoy how mx-3's dont even have a fuel light really its that little dot that comes on right? Mines only come on once in my entirity of driving my car just a stab in the dark here but I think i had bout around 7-10 litres left in my tank so thats about 70-110km
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Princess*Precidia

Post by Princess*Precidia »

Yea its that tiny little light...whenever i take a left turn tho..it goes up and light goes off...until ive got like NOTHING left..
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

I've driven a gentle 65+ highway miles after the fuel light first came on and still not run outta gas in my 95 4cyl 1.6L. Am guessing that at that point no more than 1-2 liters of fuel was still in the tank, based on how many it took to fill it back up fwiw.
Image -Jim
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I have never ran out of gas yet. The light turhs on frequently for me lol. I think it means you have around 1 gallon which is like around 25 miles or less. I think ive gone 32 miles with red light than filled with 10 gallos and it was at full. I guess why dont any of you get gas gallon and see how long she lasts? there may be a danger in picking up debree from the bottom of the tank if u do this tho.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
shab4life

Post by shab4life »

30km city driving with my KLZE

ran out of gas last week with my ZE-T... rolled right into the gas station
1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS SOLD
1993 Mazda Mx-3 SE SOLD
1994 Mazda Mx-3 ZE SOLD
1992 Mazda Mx-3 KLZE-T
Cy

Post by Cy »

I tested this out on my 1.6L DOHC last year...

10L Gas can on the passenger seat...Trip set when the light came on and stayed on, on flat road...

Sputtered out, but restarted, 50KM later city(60kph-90kph) and highway(140kph), either way it was 5am and i was tearing the shi0t out it....so think worst possible mileage...

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”