Engine misfires when hot

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Brennan

Engine misfires when hot

Post by Brennan »

Ok , for some reason my lil ze misfires when it gets to running temp. I looked at the plugs and they look as if they are getting pretty hot and they have little grey specs on the insulator. It also works better if you slowly give it gas, if you rug it at say 3000rpm it bucks and misfires, what gives??
93 mx-3 se, klze, headers,2.5 exhaust,stage 2 clucth,cai,Falken rt215,phenolic spacers,millenia intake, ze ecu.....
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

You can do a bit more searching but thats a classic symptom of distributor (coil or ignitor module) failure. This has been covered MANY times. So there is plenty of information available on this site to diagnose, repair or even modify the ignition system.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I agree with tunes. I say hei.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

Dudes

How do you see an engine misfiring above 3k rpm? I don't see it possible..

I don't think so, because, when it IS misfiring, you can EAR the misfire AT IDLE. but then when you climb the rpms, you dont ear any more the misfire but it stills there, just it revs so quickly you cant ear it. The result is a rich burning and loss of power.

There may be something else the noobie talks about
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well for me it would start to miss fire after 3 k rps or when i would put load... at idle i was fine. Maybe a little missifer here and there. It was the hei in mycase, goos luck with your situation.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Brennan

got it!

Post by Brennan »

Thanks for everybodys help, I found a split on my rubber right befor the throttle body. I need a new rubber and can not find one. 70mm on one side and 64mm on the other side. I have it taped up for now and it running great.
93 mx-3 se, klze, headers,2.5 exhaust,stage 2 clucth,cai,Falken rt215,phenolic spacers,millenia intake, ze ecu.....

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”